1.2

I made my way down to the great hall, hand in hand with my best friend Lucas.

"no I'm serious lyra!! I'm almost 100% sure Cedric likes me back!"

"then make a move! you can't just sit around all day waiting." I explained exasperated, because it was quite obvious the twos feelings for one another. 

"well I was think-"

"love! love! -uh- lyra!" the way to familiar voice of the all great, all mighty chosen one rang out through the corridor.

"ooh- and that's my cue to go. buh bye." and with a little sarcastic twinkle of his fingers, lucas was off.

"wait lucas- ugh." lyra mentally cursed the young boy out as she turned to look at harry.

harry smirked. "guess it's just you and me, huh love?"

"oh look! there's my cue to leave!" lyra spun around on the balls of her heel in the other direction.

harry grabbed her wrist. "I just wanted to acknowledge how beautiful you look today. it seems each year you just get more beautiful."

"you say the same thing each year."

"and I mean it each year."

"look potter, it's seven in the morning. its the first full day back. atleast wait a few hours."

"is that an invitation!? well in that case, I'll see you at lunchtime!"

"no potter that's not what I-" but it was already too late however, because harry raced away as fast as he could to avoid her rejection.

oh merlin. this is gonna be a long year.

- - - - -

"good morning class. welcome to your sixth year potions class. i am professor slughorn. i am very excited to be teaching you all this year!"

he seems nice enough. a real upgrade from snevillus.

"today" the professor continued, "we will be learning about a few of my favorite potions. then i will explain your potions project that you will be working on for most of the year, with a partner."

lyra didn't mind the working with a partner part. there was nobody in her class she would absolutely despise working with. well- except for potter.

hermione granger raised her hand up tall.

"ah yes ms...?"

"granger sir."

"ah okay. would you by any chance be related top any of the granger ancestors that did groundbreaking stuff in the potions field?" slughorn asked with great interest.

"I dont think so. you see I am a muggleborn sir." hermione said, flushing terribly when malfoy snorted.

"one of my best friends is muggleborn and she is the best in our year! that was a line from harry himself. I presume ms granger is whom you were speaking of?" Slughorn recited, turning towards harry.

harry just nodded as hermione cleared her throat.

"oh yes! I am sorry ms granger. please continue."

"thankyou professor. if you dont mind me asking, what happened to professor snape?"

why would she ask that? we finally got rid of snape. lets enjoy our freedom for as long as we have it.

slughorn sighed deeply. "if only I knew ms. granger. I only know that its a very sticky situation. minerva seemed to have fired him for whatever reason that only she (and him of course)  knows of."