chapter 2

"What?! Quinn!" Santana yelled, brushing past Brittany. She knelt down on the floor and quickly aided her fellow cheerleader by placing her hands under the girls head.

Rachel followed suit and sat the other side of Quinn, her face now as white as a sheet. Rachel's eyes darted all over the place, from the blonde on the floor, to Brittany and then to Santana opposite her.

The dark haired cheerleader glanced up at Mercedes and Tina, who were just staring at Quinn in complete shock. 

"Mercedes, go get the nurse!" Rachel shouted, her voice sounding somewhat strained.

The girl nodded and pulled Tina by the arm, both of them leaving the restroom in a swift movement. Santana watched Rachel tuck a strand of hair behind Quinn's ear and saw how the brunette smiled sweetly down at Quinn who was now starting to regain consciousness.

Santana sighed and looked over her shoulder at Brittany who was standing by the sinks with a confused expression sitting upon her face. 

Soon enough, the nurse rushed in with the other two girls and asked Rachel if she could help bring a 'just about' conscious Quinn to the medical room with her. The brunette nodded and the three of them got the blonde up and disappeared out of the door.

"Uhm, I think we should get to homeroom Tina?" Mercedes said, but it sounded more like a question, and the smaller girl nodded, giving a little wave to the blonde and brunette cheerleaders.

And then they were gone,  leaving Brittany and Santana alone again. The Latina bit her lip and got off the floor, moving towards the blonde.

"We should go too. We need to be in homeroom for attendance at least." Santana mumbled, reaching her hand towards Brittany's. The blonde cautiously looked down at the tanned hand before slowly intertwining their fingers, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. 

The two girls left and walked down the, now empty, halls in silence. However Brittany started swinging their interlaced hands back and forth, looking at the brunette next to her. Santana felt eyes on her and she turned her head to meet Brittany's gaze, she couldn't help but giggle at the girl's goofy grin.

She glanced at their homeroom door and lead Brittany towards it, "C'mon, homeroom isn't long, it's only ten minutes."

But the brunette's brows furrowed when she felt her arm being pulled back by Brittany. She stared at the blonde and watched her carefree expression turn into a nervous one.

"Britt?"

Brittany bit her lip and looked down at her and Santana's intertwined hands, loosing her grip until her hand fell away.

"S-Scared." Brittany whispered, looking down at her white cheerleading shoes.

Santana felt sorry for the girl, she is barely ever scared, or was..."Hey, it's okay. I'm here and Kurt's there and so is his boyfriend Blaine. Remember them?"

The blonde kept her head down and silently shook her head, making Santana sigh and drop her shoulders.

"Stay with me and you'll be fine, 'kay?" Santana raised her eyebrows and gave Brittany a comforting smile.

After some more silence, Brittany hummed and let Santana open the door for them. The two of them strolled in together with Santana in front with her head held high and Brittany flanking her, but instead her head was facing down to the floor which seemed very interesting to her.

They reached the back of the class and and Santana pulled out a chair before tapping the boy next to her on the shoulder, "Hey, Kurt?"

Brittany sat at the end of the desk and stared at her hands in her lap, but her head rose when she felt someone nudge her.