A Beginning To An Adventure?

~Jin's POV~

Knock!!!! Knock!!!!

I wake up from loud knocking.

Jin: Jeez. Who would be knocking this early in the morning?

Wait a minute...... This isn't my dorm room...... I survey the room I was in. It looks like I was in the medieval ages. The person that was knocking grew impatient and barged into my room.

???: Wake up sleepyhead!!!! There's no time to be sleeping in!!!!

Jin: Who are you?

The woman looks offended as if I insulted her.

???: That's no way to talk to your mom.

Mom?!!!! There's no way she is my mom!!!! My mom looks completely different!!!!

Mom?: I don't have time to be dealing with you right now. I need you to get out and fetch me some fruits in the forest. There has been a rise of monsters recently, so bring your sword.

Jin: Monsters?!!!!

Mom?: Why are you acting surprised all of a sudden? You wanted to prove that you can be an adventurer, so show it!!!!

Jin: Alright!!!! Alright!!!! Let me get ready.

I have no idea what she was saying, so I played along so that she can leave me alone. After leaving the room, a text box appeared in front of me.

Quest: A Mother's Wishes
Go to the forest and acquire
·5 Apples
·5 Peaches
·5 Oranges
Optional
·5 Boar Meat

Apparently, those are the tasks I need to do. What is this world? I try to close the text box, but there was no way to close it. After struggling for a bit, I tried speaking.

Jin: Close.

The text box finally close. So you have to speak to close messages. I wonder.....

Jin: Stats.

A text box appeared in front of me. I see my stats as well with my items and gear. This is starting to act like those rpg games I've seen before. I'm still wondering if I'm in a dream.

Jin's Stats

Level 1: 0/20

Health: 65
Magic Points: 20
Physical Attack: 38
Magic Attack: 15
Physical Defense: 26
Magical Defense: 10
Speed: 18
Luck: 8

My stats do not look good. The only stat that is high is my health. Don't even get me started on luck. No point worrying about my stats when I'm only level one.
I looked around my room to see a sword and some armour. I decided to test more features.

Jin: Observe.

I first see stats on the sword.

Basic Broadsword
2 Handed Weapon
A basic sword for a basic person

Did it really have to mention the last sentence? Although the two handed info intrigued me. There are weapons that needs two hands. I observe the armor now.

Basic Armor
+20 physical defense
+10 magical defense
Old armor pass down to you.
Could require some cleaning.