Three.

✣ ✣ ✣

The only thing that's been on your mind for the past few days is what kind of pathetic lie you're going to have to mix up to tell your parents. If you told them you were going to a party held at a boy's house, they'd probably fall back into pre-dug graves.

So, what will it be?

"Keep your cool, Mari. I'll even call them for you and ask, they're always a lot nicer when it's me talking."

Aren't all parents, though?

You've been pacing around Tawny's room like a caged tiger for nearly 20 minutes at this point. Tawny's room's much more spacious than yours, but then again, she was gifted the master bedroom after her parents had gotten a divorce when you were both 14. You assumed that's the least they could have done for her in that situation. Divorce was still taboo, but if they're happier apart then who cares?

The spin and clicking release of each number being dialed on Tawny's rotary phone snaps you back into reality, you eyes going wide as you slap you hand across your mouth to keep your giggles under control.

"Hi, Mrs. Moore? It's Tawny, ma'am! How've you been?"

Her overexcitement in the conversation causes you to raise your eyebrows, scoffing at her act of pure innocence as she twiddles with the phone wire. Psh, she's the furthest thing from innocent.

"Marisol's staying the night with me, is that fine? My stepfather wants to show us the newest episode of Gunsmoke. He says it's a great series, but I'd rather have her stay to save me from boredom in case it's rubbish."

It's like you can feel the awkward tension on the line, and you aren't even involved in the conversation.

Her lips creep into a telling smirk once there's finally a reply, nodding along with every word she's hearing.

"Great, Mrs. Moore. Yes, of course we'll stay out of trouble. Have a great night, now. Bye bye."

"What an actress!" You spew out as soon as the phone is placed into its holder. "You should get an award for that, you know. With that level of lying, you could become a lawyer, Tawny."

She only blows you a raspberry in response.

"I'd much rather be your personal stylist, hm? Or at least for tonight."

And once again, you've got no choice. It's not that big of a deal, though. With the main conflict out of the way, your mind's moved onto the next thing to worry about: your outfit for later on.

You've been eavesdropping on Tawny and Alex's phone calls, so you're aware that you need to be on the road by 6. It'll still be decently bright at that time, any later and you'd be wasting precious daylight. Tawny says you need at least a full hour of sunlight to see how Harry really looks. Luckily for you, it's been setting at around 9 each night. Almost two hours, how perfect is that?

"I'm making you wear a dress, Mari. Or maybe a skirt. Something with easy access. Get lucky tonight for me! We can tell each other in the morning, have a little gossip session about it over a cup of coffee. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Your jaw drops at her suggestive words, faking an offended gasp as you turn your head away.

"Tawny, if you think I'm letting him have sex with me tonight, you're crazy."

"So I've been told. Multiple times. But why not, babe?"

Blood immediately rushes to your face when she prods for an answer, pursing your lips before shaking your head at her with closed eyes.