Chapter 1

AN: Title and story are both inspired by "Castle" by Halsey. One day I thought about the line "There's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying I probably shouldn't be so mean" and thus the idea for this storyline came to be.

Disclaimer: I do not own One Direction or their families. (tho if I did certain people would be out of the closet by now *clears throat*)
Also, this fic is copyrighted to me. No one is allowed to translate or repost it.
This fic can be found both here and on Ao3.
(Ps. I really didn't want to write this part of the author's note, but sadly I realize it's necessary)

***

Ever since he was little, Harry had loved to try on his mother's shoes, parade around in her undergarments, and twirl in her skirts. Whether or not this had anything to do with his parents expecting him to be a girl when he came out of the womb is up for debate.

Harry had always loved fashion growing up. He adored going to the seamstresses to watch them create the clothes, and he liked to add his stylistic input when his mother would request the seamstresses make him a new outfit. Although sometimes Harry would request a bit too much lace and a few too many bright colors for his father's more masculine taste, it never bothered his mum.

She seemed to like Harry's more flamboyant qualities. One would assume this was because she had always wanted a daughter, but once again, we cannot be sure.

All of this, however, did not prepare Harry for what he found out a few days prior.

***

Harry's parents had just summoned him to their quarters. Normally, this would not have made him nervous, but his parents seemed to be in a more concentrated mood as of late. Upon entering their chambers, they had asked Harry to sit down, indicating a more serious tone to the occasion.

"Harry, you know that you have been betrothed since birth, yes?" his mother asked.

"Well, I had assumed, yes," Harry answered. "But you never told me—"

"I was just coming to that," she cut him off.

Harry sat back, ready to learn more information about this mysterious person he was supposed to give his life to, whether they were in love or not.

Harry figured that love would come in time. When you haven't met the person before, it's hard to be in love with them. However, there is always love at first sight.

"Son," his father started. "You are betrothed to Prince Louis of Yorkshire, now soon to become King due to his parents' passing. Our kingdom came to this agreement with their kingdom because we believed it to be mutually beneficial."

"However, there is more," his mother inserted.

"Yes, I was just coming to that," Des placated her.

"We've concocted a plan!" Anne stated gleefully.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "A plan? What do you mean you 'concocted a plan'? Isn't the 'plan' for me to marry him as promised?"

"Essentially yes," Harry's father answered. "But your mother and I recently discussed something that would further benefit our kingdom."

Anne clapped her hands together. "Yes, a twist!"

"A twist?" Harry questioned, exasperated now, just wishing that his parents would state the issue in plain English. "Further benefiting our kingdom? What are you talking about?"

"Harry," his mother leant forward in her chair. "One way to benefit our kingdom after your impending union with Prince Louis is to dispose of the monarch of Yorkshire."