Chapter 1: When Will it Be Enough?

This is a sequel to my story A Golden Heart. Once a Dream X Reader now a Dream X OC though the storyline continues and the plot thickens. It is not necessary to read the last story following these characters, but it might be helpful (and enjoyable too ;)). Anyways, thank you for reading make sure to vote, comment and/or follow! Have a great day and make sure to stay healthy! <3
————————————————————————-

      The warm breeze came and went as did the young adults who roamed Florida that summer. It was truly the summer of a lifetime and they all wished to have more like it in the future, minus all the fighting.

Sapnap and Dream both agreed to stay on good terms, they didn't want to wreck a friendship over a crush.

Sage (Y/N) and Dream became much more intimate after they asked Sapnap if it was okay. Of course they didn't need permission from him, but it was the right thing to do knowing that he still liked her.

Dream and Sage (Y/N) spent nights longing for each other's touch, and days with constant calling and poor wifi connections.

It was difficult to transition back into streaming after a summer of little to no uploading, but it thrilled the fans to see them all back and better than ever. No fighting. No drama. No nothing.

George, Dream, Sapnap and Sage all began streaming together a lot more and occasionally inviting Wilbur and Techno to join them. There became a small group between them and it was nice that they had this outside of the big smp group.

A few months after the trip had passed and winter was coming. They all missed each other again. Even though they spoke nearly everyday, video chatted, voice called, it still wasn't enough. They all wanted to meet up again. They figured to go up north for the winter since they went down south for the summer, and if they wanted to go up north. They were going all the way up. They wanted to see snow for the winter, real, pure snow and so they went.

Each of them chipped in some money to rent a cabin. It was secluded and private, surrounded by tall trees and had a lake nearby. It gave off a comforting aura and looked like it would be good to visit all months of the year. They all flew out around the beginning of December which meant they would be together for Christmas and New Years. They all agreed that they only wanted to be together for the holidays and that no gifts would be exchanged.

Sage only had to drive her car a few hours until she arrived at the cabin, making her the first one there. She pulled up into a large semi-circle shaped driveway that wrapped around a small patch of grass. She parked her car, pulled out the key and stepped onto the path that led to the cabin. After taking a minute to stretch after a long road trip, she moved to her trunk and pulled out a backpack and a large, plastic looking suitcase. She pushed her trunk closed and tugged her things up to the house. She had been mailed a key once they first rented the house, so she stuck that in the door and pushed it open slowly, looking around the entrance of the house.

Sage took her time settling in and she chose one of the smaller bedrooms, but it was still quite large. It had a large bed with room for two which made her instantly think of Dream, causing her to flush a bright red. She left her suitcase at the end of the bed so if anyone would go for that room they would see it was taken.

After a while of exploring, she moved downstairs and sat in the main living area on her laptop. She played on that for a while until she heard a knock at the door. With excitement, she sprung up and swiftly moved to the door to open it. It was Techno.

"Hey!" Sage exclaimed and opened the door for him. Her smile was wide and she made a large gesturing motion for him to enter the cabin. "Welcome!" Once again, she excitedly spoke and awkwardly giggled after. "How was your trip?"

"Hello." His voice wasn't as excited, but excited nonetheless. Techno walked inside and pulled a suitcase behind him. "Eh, it was okay. The plane wasn't that crowded so I liked that part of it." He smiled nervously and walked further inside, pulling his suitcase against a wall and taking off his jacket and hanging it on the coat rack. "Nice place. Looks even better in person."

"Well, I'm glad you didn't have a bad flight." She laughed and closed the door behind them. "I would like that too. It makes everything a lot less stressful." She responded as she followed him deeper inside. "That's exactly what I thought! I ran all around the house when I first got here."

"Me too." Techno chuckled softly. "Ran?" He asked, staring at Sage blankly.

"I didn't necessarily run-"

"Sounds like you did to me." He teased and started walking around the living room area. He spotted her laptop open and looked back, "I see you already got comfortable." He said, teasing again.

"Sh." You demanded with a giggle and plopped yourself back on the couch. "I was editing stuff." Sage responded and placed her laptop back on her lap.

"Do you mind if I join you? I know I sat down for a few hours on the plane, my legs still feel like they need resting." He lightly complained and rubbed the back of his neck with his palm.

"Not at all. Sit wherever you'd like." She laughed. Once again motioning around dramatically again.

Techno chose to sit in the couch next to the couch Sage was sitting on. After a few minutes, Sage had passed out over her laptop and Techno had noticed this. He got up from playing on his phone and moved her laptop off of her lap and onto the coffee table. Then, he placed a small blanket over her, after moving back to his respectful spot.

Sage had slept for an hour or so, tossing and turning a bit. In that time, the others had shown up, all except for Dream. When Sage did wake, she was quite embarrassed that half of her friends saw her sleeping like a baby on the couch, but they all just laughed it off. When she looked around, she couldn't help but notice Dream wasn't there. Picking up her phone she saw the missed calls and texts from Dream:

I don't know if I can make it...the weather here is awful and my flight has been delayed twice already. I am really sorry. I am trying my best. :(