Chapter 5: Stone-Cold

hi! surprise surprise, i'm back to posting! it may not be as regular, but i will try my best! thank you guys for coming back and i hope you enjoy!

> disclaimer one of the last few paragraphs is dream's thoughts, they aren't necessarily true! so don't be upset that the ship has come to an end, it hasn't!! <

—————————————————————————

"Why do I have to go in the back?" Wilbur questioned, his tone annoyed, but his face saying the opposite. "Shouldn't all the short people go back here? There is no leg room!" He shouted to the front of the car to Techno who sat in the passenger's seat. Wilbur was sitting in the right seat in the back of the car, next to Sapnap. In front of them was George and an empty seat, and in front of him was Techno. They all had been waiting for Dream and Sage since they had to grab one last thing, but to no surprise, were taking their sweet time.

"Are you sure you don't want to sit in the front with me?" Sage asked Dream while grabbing her purse and coat. "I'll be so lonely up there without you." She playfully put a hand over her forehead and jokingly swooned.

"I'm fine." Dream responded, his tone flat and his expression blank. "I'd rather sit next to George." He did not mumble like intended, instead he said it loud and clear for Sage to hear.

"Whatever you say~" She answered back to him. It seemed she was in a good mood, perhaps from the conversation with Sapnap earlier. It made her feel relieved and at the same time more stressed than before, but she did not want to worry Dream; she also promised she would let Sapnap tell him and she was determined to keep that promise. With Dream's harsh words she looked back at him, her eyes looking dull, she would not let him rin her mood, she would not let someone else ruin her perfectly good mood this trip. "Alright, I just need to grab one thing from upstairs. You can go wait in the car." It hurt to be so blunt, but while keeping her mood happy she would not let him walk all over her.

"Fine with me." He mumbled and walked out the door, slamming it behind him causing Sage to flinch as she ran up the stairs. He knew he was hurting her, and he hated it, but what he hated even more than that was that she lied to him, that she cheated on him, that she broke his heart, his heart that he asked her to take only the best care of. He was scared.

When finally up the stairs, Sage rummaged through her suitcase, then took out a see-through orange bottle with small white capsules in it. Quickly, she popped a capsule in her mouth, swallowed it and ran out to the car. "Sorry, sorry I had to get something from upstairs!" Sage said, panting slightly.

"Sure." Sapnap teased, "You and Dream were in there for a while." With his statements, the car erupted with laughter, the only one who wasn't laughing was Dream. He sat in the middle of the car with his arms crossed and a blank face, looking out the window.

The car ride was filled with music and chatter, occasional check-ins to Dream from George, but other than that the middle row was silent. The ride took approximately 20 minutes since they were so far into the woods. When the car finally came to a stop, Wilbur shouted, "We're here! We're here! Let me out!".

"Nuh uh! Me first!" George shouted back with a huge smirk on his face as he playfully shoved Wilbur back into his seat, "Now you can get out." He laughed, leaning on the car door.

"That was really nice of you, you shouldn't have." Wilbur scoffed, trying to hide his smile. The two boys began pushing and shoving each other excitedly to the door.

After they got out, Sapnap, then Dream. Techno and Sage stood talking in front of the car, waiting for Dream and Sapnap. The medication Sage had taken before started to kick in and she felt a lot better, it was obvious she was less anxious. "Dream!" Sage said abruptly in the middle of her and Techno's conversation. Techno didn't look one bit annoyed, only in awe of how much she really did care for him.