Dummy Dancing

After successfully breaking out of detention, Asa and Jerry ran down the stairs, hopping onto the banister to lean over. "Guys! Did we miss anything?" Jerry asks for the the two of them wide eyed.

Kim, Jack, and Milton looked up at them in confusion. "Not yet," Kim said, "Hey, shouldn't you be in detention for putting a tollbooth in the boy's bathroom? And you for acting as the bouncer if they didn't pay the toll fee?"

The two glanced at each other with smug expressions. "We should be, but when you sit us in the back with a window open, we're what they call a flight risk." Asa explains, taking a seat above them on the banister.

"Jack you're record's about to be broken," Milton says confidently. "Prepare for the new world champion, Milton the Missile Krupnick!" Underneath his track suit was a purple skin tight suit, making his friends cringe away at the sight.

"Dude, eat a sandwich." Jerry suggests.

Milton rolls his eyes up at him. Before any fun could start, one of their classmates, Truman, came trolling in from wherever he was previously. "Oh look at this. I've walked into the middle of a loser palooza."

"Is that why you're here?" Asa asked sharply.

He looked up at her, exhaling a breath. "Did you loose your mommy, little girl?"

She sent him a daggered look. "At least I never had to share my siblings' toys growing up."

Before they could go into a full out quarreling match, Jack stepped in. "What do you want, Truman?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"I thought I'd just hang out," Truman said casually.

"Do you have to do it here?" Jerry questions curtly.

Truman narrowed his eyes at the other one on the banister. "It's a free hallway, Jerry!"

"Truman, if you'll excuse me. I have a date with destiny." Milton said proudly.

He laughed. "Well that'll be your first date ever."

"And your first date will be with a landfill." Asa muttered under her breath, clearly ready to punch him to make him go away. Jerry patted her on the back in attempts to keep her grounded.

Milton mimicked his mocking laugh. "Very funny. You're about to see my skid marks!" Everyone around him sent him looks of 'wow.' "Okay I thought that was gonna sound different when it came out of my mouth."

As Milton stepped back in preparation for his "date," Kim ran in front of them, marking the current record. "Okay, guys, this garbage can marks Jack's record of forty seven floor tiles."

Milton ran forward with a cry, sliding very fast down the hallway, pass the garbage can and collided into a solar system diagram. His friends ran over to him to see the damage.

"He just shattered your record," Jerry tells Jack in shock.

"And that paper mache solar system outside the science room," Kim added.

"It looks like somebody greased his tray," Jack points out.

Behind them, Truman laughed. "Looks like."

Milton came in limping and with the planets dangling around him like a scarf. "Looks like Saturn is now lodged in the dark side of the moon."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Rudy was running drills with the kids, when Jerry's shrilled shriek rang out. Jerry came running out of the showers in nothing but his bathrobe, all of his naturally dark hair dyed a bright neon pink.