Chapter Eight

I woke up to the scent of fried eggs and bacons. As I stood to see who's at the kitchen, I saw a note sticked to the fridge.

"Hey Meg, I gotta go. Mom called early. The breakfast was fantastic. Have a taste. Ciao!   -Sarah"

I tied my hair up and walked to the kitchen. There's Drew in an apron, waiting for the waffles to get cooked. I never knew this man could cook. I didn't even know I had a waffle maker.

"What's for breakfast mister?"

Sitting in front of the table, I looked at him smiling and waited for his answer. Without a single word, he started to drizzle the hot waffles with honey and topped it with chopped strawberries. Where did those strawberries came from? He handed me the plate with the waffles while he had the bacon and eggs.

"Bon apetite, princess."

"Since when did you start cooking? I've never seen nor heard you cook."

"Just.... Lately? When I heard you like waffles drizzled with honey and topped with strawberries for breakfast. Eat."

"Uh, do I need to be overwhelmed?"

He chuckled.

The waffles were awesome. He surely didn't made these for the first time. Nobody gets the perfect taste in first times. But not his kiss. Not his touch. Those were perfect tastes of first times.

I volunteered to wash the dishes after eating. Drew agreed and said he'll just take a shower.

Just as I finished the dishes, I started cleaning the living room. There were bottles of liquor everywhere, confettis, bits of chips, etc. When will I get to finish cleaning?

"Meg, I forgot to bring a towel. Can you hand me one?"

"You forgot your towel? Oh my Drew, you're getting old."

I laughed as I hand him a towel. This guy is really fond of forgetting things. I remember when we were still in eleventh grade. Drew forgot his costume for a halloween presentation so he searched for a trash bin and got a black garbage bag for his costume. That was gross. Pretty creative, though.