┆Preface ━

After spending 22 years of her life in a house of constant abuse and torture, Rowena Marshall finally tastes true freedom when she finishes College and decides to get out of the house for good. She was intense, volatile, moody and ambitious and most importantly shaped by her dark past, thanks to her family. As an aspiring writer looking for her big break, she finally became the definition of the free spirit she always desired to be and was ready to go to any lengths to achieve her goals.

William Kim-Fitzgerald had the most perfect life achievable by any human being on earth. Son of a world-renowned business tycoon and a strikingly handsome man in his late twenties who was the sole heir of the entire family fortune, he was not only known as the most eligible bachelor in the country but also a true example of a gentleman- kind, polite, sincere and humble.

When the two meet twice by pure coincidence, they start on good terms- on the surface at least.

But despite the formulation of undeniable spark of chemistry and tension between them, William soon realized the seemingly light-hearted girl hid a much darker and twisted side than he imagined behind her easy smiles and deep ocean eyes; a side so vile that comes out every once in a while when one least expects it.

And he has never met someone quite like her in his life.

"Oh please! How can a rich kid like you, born with a silver spoon in his mouth would ever understand what it takes for a girl like me to get out of the fucking gutter? You like it when people praise you for your kindness and good manners? Well, I would've been fucking 'kind' too if I was born in a house like this!"
She spat with so much scorn that he took a step back unconsciously.

However, Rowena realized that even though William and his perfect world were way too exhausting and nauseating for her, using him as a ladder might be the key to her first big break.

While William was slowly falling for her, unbeknownst to him, Rowena did what she had always done the best - pretend to be someone she was not and use him until there was nothing left.

If it was any other scenario, she would've been the perfect villainess in his story but how's that going to happen if he looks at her like one stares at the full moon in a night sky?

_

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction.

Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.

Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved.