City of Love

Romantic ambiance, soothing air, and the magnificent view of the tower.

Finally.... after the long wait and a lot of hindrances that I've been through, at last I made it here.

France.

I was sitting on a bench which has a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. Here in the infamous City of Love.

It was so festive. There is a lot of tourists, kind people, and good food. A guy from the nearest stall then came up to me and sat beside the bench where I was resting.

"Bonjour.", the guy greeted me while smiling from ear to ear

"Bonjour.", I replied also giving him a sweet smile.

This guy is definitely a foreigner in this country. He has a great French accent though, but his features scream Filipino. From his tan skin, precious brown eyes, not so pointy nose, bushy but clean brows, thin lips, and nice jawline. His body is well built, he surely works out and he has a long and healthy hair. I can say that he's in his early thirties, the same as mine. I am a Filipina that's why it was not that hard for me to spot someone who is a kababayan.

When I was a teenager, I remember studying French since I have dreamt of being here in Paris one day. I only studied the language when I have free time using a mobile app. I continued studying it up until college. And thanks to that, I can easily communicate with the people here. Even though I studied French, doesn't mean I am already an excellent French speaker. I still have a long way to go in learning the language since I did not have a proper acknowledgment because I only learned it by myself.

"Tu parle française?", the guy asked. He was asking me if I speak French.

"Oui, Mais seulement un peu.", I replied saying that I do speak French but only a little.

"Are you a Filipino?", he asked while changing the language to English.

"Yeah, I am. And I believe you too, right?", I stated like I am so sure.

"Yep.", he looked at me with an amused face.

"So why did you come here alone? It was the City of Love. You should have brought your partner with you. Hindi ako naniniwalang single ka sa ganda mong yan.", he commented.

"How can you be so sure that I have a significant other?", I asked while raising my left brows and forming a mischievous smile plastering an amused face.

"I don't know, just a hunch.", he answered while giving me a bright smile.

"Well I do have a lover and I actually bring him with me here.", I looked at the view of the tower while sipping a little in my cup of coffee.

"He must be an ass for leaving his precious girlfriend alone. I think you should break up with him and be with me instead. I wouldn't leave you and I will stay by your side.", this guy is boosting with confidence.

"You know what, you were just like him. So mayabang. Pero no thanks, I am already married to that dummy.", I showed him my lovely ring which has a small stone in the middle. I liked it's design so much kasi hindi ako mahilig sa masyadong bonggang mga singsing na may malalaking bato.

"Too bad. I would love to have you as my wife sana.", he was like a kid who is whimpering for losing candy.

"It's okay, maybe next time.", I then decided to stand up and ready to leave.

I turn around to the guy who was still sitting on the bench. I offered him my hand as I spoke.

"Let's go hun, it's getting late na and it's getting cold out in here. Tara na.", the man then looked at me with so much confusion in his face.

I sigh and reached out for his hand and showed him his ring which has the same design as mine. I removed it from his finger and removed mine from my finger. Jane & Clark was engraved inside of both of our rings.

"I'll tell you all about it on our way home.", he was very confused about what was happening but he then chose to walk with me and listen to my story. Even though I am a complete stranger to him, for some reason he trusted me.

Clark is my husband who's been suffering from Alzheimer's disease.