V. The Answer Is Unknown

볼매정: Don't worry I am free this time. It's ok for me to wait even until morning if this is the only time we can talk.

He's really serious. And she's guilty. Guilty of all the bitterness she had thought about him. Isn't his initiative to talk the thing she's been waiting for? But why is she having second thoughts? In fact, she was already driving her way to the meeting place yet she's still undecided.

Park Shin Hye yah! Wake up! Think straight! She scolded herself trying to compose her thoughts. Indecisive - she's really like this all the time when it comes to heart matters.

민혁: Hyung, where are you? We can't start the rehearsal without you. Please answer.

Since he just sneaked out from their band rehearsal without advising anyone where he is going, all of his bandmates were worried. They're all frantically messaging and calling him but he's ignoring everything. This meeting was something he just wanted to keep between him and her. He didn't want his bandmates to be burdened by his personal issues that do not involve them.

Shin Hye informed him again that she doubted if she can still come. The possibility was high since he's been there for almost two hours patiently waiting for her. Nonetheless, he decided to wait until she says not to anymore without even noticing that he dozed off already.

Flashback

"Yong Hwa Out, Min Hyuk In. The Heirs Cast Has Been Completed."
"Yong Hwa Backed Out from The Heirs."
"Third Drama for Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa Won't Happen."

Even before the start of filming Shin Hye's new drama, too many things had happened, too many issues and rumors were brought, and too much pain has been suffered. And the most hurtful is the exchange of explanations from both side.

"Have you discussed with Yong Hwa about his refusal to accept The Heirs casting?" One of the reporters bravely asked the question to Shin Hye during one of her live guesting in a radio show; to which she felt aghast as the question was not part of the briefed queries allowed to ask.

However, the ever-kind angel just forced to smile and sound as if everything's normal and natural. "No. We don't communicate at all." She briefly and quickly answered as she signalled the host not to ask more questions about that. Of course, she couldn't and won't ever tell the reason behind it so she was forced to lie and portray that she was in no communication with him to avoid more questions.

On the other hand, when Yong Hwa asked the reason why he did not accept Kim Eun Sook's offer to act in The Heirs, he cleared up that it was a misunderstanding that many people speculated he backed out at the last minute but the truth was, he never accepted the offer in the first place. That time he was just reviewing the role. "Also, it's not healthy for me and Park Shin Hye to act together again. I want to focus of self-improvement and try out other roles." Yong Hwa explained, quite annoyed with the questions that were not even related to what they were supposed to promote.

"Did both of you tell to each other not to ac together? She said she didn't communicate with you at all." One of the hosts followed up, increasing the curiosity of everyone in the show. His bandmates were all surprised with the sudden question and all they could do was to keep silent. Min Hyuk, who's already part of the drama, was also having a hard time every time his hyung was being dragged with the issue.

"We don't talk at all. We don't have each other's number." The sudden revelation of Yong Hwa had left the audience, the hosts, and his own bandmates speechless. Even Yong Hwa himself didn't know where that answer came from. But ever since he backed out from The Heirs, both he and Shin Hye have stopped communicating with each other. She became busy with shooting her drama overseas where Min Hyuk was also part of. And he was also busy with their world tour and composing songs. For a time being, he has forgotten about his own heartache but everytime he'll have free time, that's where the pain comes back and it's slowly torturing him. It feels as if he was reduced to his lowest terms and sentenced to death.

His three bandmates were also speechless and dumbfounded with what has just slipped in their hyung's mouth. It wasn't Yong Hwa's style to divulge private information even if he was subject to pressure. It could even aggravate the situation but with the reaction of the shocked crowd, perhaps that was the answer that could hush them all.

"Hyung, what happened?" Min Hyuk approached Yong Hwa as soon as they reached FNC building. But instead of answering him, he just gave him a blunt face and ignored him. Indeed, Yong Hwa was not in the mood to talk at the moment.

"Shin Hye noona just changed number and Yong Hwa hyung did not know about that." Min Hyuk explained to one of FNC staffs who inquired about the answer of Yong Hwa in their earlier guesting. Of course, FNC needed to release statement for this if ever this became an issue again.

Shin Hye changed her number as soon as they came back from LA after shooting their scenes there. And since her break up with Yong Hwa that night, they never contacted each other which obviously Yong Hwa won't know her new number or she messaging him. It was just because Min Hyuk slipped through his words that his hyung found out that she changed number. That was the basis of Yong Hwa revealing that they don't have each other's number.

And as expected, it became a trending topic to netizens who became even more curious about what happened to Shin Hye and Yong Hwa who once both claimed that they are friends.

"I can completely understand his actions. Don't worry about me. See you tomorrow for the shooting." It cannot be denied that it was Min Hyuk who was actually torn in the middle of this. Yong Hwa is his bandmate and hyung while Shin Hye is acting with him in their drama and his well-loved noona. He was concerned for the welfare of both but at the same time he was really having a hard time when he's communicating with one of them. The situation was getting worse than he thought.

It was days later that both FNC and SALT released their statements after being bugged by reporters asking what happened between the friendship of Yong Hwa and Shin Hye. And in sync, both explained that Shin Hye changed her number and they were both busy that's why they haven't communicated. At the closing statements, both companies wished for the support of fans to the individual endeavours of the artists.

"It's been a rollercoaster ride for you, hasn't it?" Lee Min Ho suddenly approached Shin Hye who was concentrating on reading the script for their next scene yet her troubled face was apparent.

"No, oppa. I am completely fine! Really." She faked a smile trying to reassure her co-star that she's doing good and she's focused.

"Fine if that's what you say. But let's meet after shoot. My treat." He invited her and he won't take no as an answer. He just wanted to help her out and comfort her as a friend. He just can't take seeing her uncomfortable and quiet like that. Shin Hye is very bubbly off cam and she's one of the source of energy in the set. Without those smiles, he would go crazy.

"If that's your treat, then that's fine." Indeed she has found a buddy in Lee Min Ho's persona. He's really like an oppa to her who earnestly takes care of his dongsaengs.

Finally, the issue of Yong Hwa with Shin Hye and The Heirs had died down. And with the continuing success of the drama, the center of attention has become the closeness of it's lead actors - Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye.

End of Flashback

Shin Hye reached their meeting place. It was already 3 in the morning and she saw Yong Hwa dozed off on the table. Such view cuts her heart deeply. When he said he'll wait, he really did. But what did she do? She ended up making excuses just to prevent seeing him. She was too lonely and Min Hyuk was right when he told her that his hyung has never been lonely. It was not just her who suffered. In fact, both of them were still suffering that she just couldn't accept that all this time they were avoiding each other and playing hide and seek just to stop the rumors and completely part ways. Almost a year has passed, and the feeling stayed the same. She loves him. She misses him. But what can she do? She broke his heart. She started all this to protect them. But was it worth it? She didn't know the answer.

"Shin Hye." She was surprised to see Jong Hyun entered the place. It was not just him but the two other dongsaengs.

However, she gestured him to keep silent and walked out of the place.

----------
A/N: Thank you so much for reading and subscribing. I am beyond happy to know that you guys are liking the story so far! I encourage everyone to comment. I swear it drives me to write more. Aside from yongshin, you are my inspiration here. Continue reading. And fight with yongshin till the end! Lovelots!