Hmm...

You know the feeling before you go on a roller coaster that your friends convinced you to go on but you’re not so sure about it.  That’s the only description I can use for my feelings walking through a school door for the first time.  Well the only thing is to embrace what I am.  A shy, homeschooled all her life, high school freshman.  I’m Ally Brooks.  My whole life I have traveled the world my dad being a pilot and my mom being a flight attendant.  I was given permission to go on flights with them and well I have traveled to every continent about 3 times. 

            I was ready for this whole school thing, I wanted friends and a stable life.  My mom decided to retire to let me go to school and have a house, not live out of a suitcase.  I was stuck in my thoughts while I was sitting in the principal’s office getting instructions.  Until a hyper pretty, blonde girl brought me back to reality.  “I’m Callie” she said sweetly.  “Miss Brooks this will be your buddy till you are accustomed to your schedule.” Mr. Breen said.  “Well lets go!” said Callie.

            After I we had gone to the cafeteria, lots of classrooms and the gym.  Callie had decided it was time to head to class. 

            Since it was a small school the entire grade 10s had every class together.  So we head over to homeroom.  I was surprised to see how loved Callie seemed to be as her friends greeted her.  “Oh, you must be Ally!” The teacher said, “Welcome you can take a seat over their by Reed.” I followed to where she was pointing and took a seat.  He smiled sweetly and said “Well since we both know each others names I guess that means we are friends” he smiled and returned his eyes to his paper.  “ I guess so” I giggled and looked up to the front of the class where the teacher was giving instructions.

            Callie and I walked to the cafeteria for lunch with a group of other people which I had been introduced to but didn’t remember their names.  After I got my lunch I was scared that I wouldn’t have a place to sit.  The school having only 32 kids in the high school I soon realized most of the seats were taken by elementary or Jr. high kids.  To my luck as I was looking around Callie grabbed my arm and pulled me to a seat beside her.  Which was right across from Reed.  “Hey!” he said.  “Hi how are you?” I asked.  We carried on a friendly conversation till the bell rang. 

            I was relieved it was the end of the day.  I was tired and ready to go home.  “See you tomorrow” said a familiar face that I had no name attached to.  After seeing me slightly confused he stuck out his hand, “I’m Jordan, nice to meet you” he smiled. “Well I will see you later Jordan”  I said and smiled.  I live a walking distance to the school and so I started walking, till I heard someone yell “stop!” Behind me.  An out of breath Reed slowed his pace to mine and said “Where do you live?” “Stalker question” I said giggling.  “Oh I’m sorry” his face reddened a bit.  “No don’t be” I said and smiled to myself I live on maple wood house 22, how about you?” I was curious about his widely grinning face. “House 21” he said.

            We chatted a bit till we got to Maplewood, and then split ways.  I hurried up to my room to skip the chatting with my mom and did my homework till I fell asleep.

                                                            Month Later

            I had a certain habit now for things now.  I would get up at 7:15 and get ready, then at 8:00 I would meet Reed and we would walk to school together.  Once we got there we would meet up with Hunter and Quinn “Hey” Reed and I exclaimed at the chatty others.  He went straight to Quinn and gave her a hug and a quick kiss, while I went over to the others and began talking about my short encounter with Jordan, my crush since I met him the first day here.  Since he was a grade ahead of me the only class we shared was my least favorite.  Gym.  Don’t get me wrong I’m not a lazy fat person I just don’t like the whole group sport thing.