#1 - Simplicity

#1 - Simplicity

Summary: Sometimes, love doesn't have to be complicated. Just have to be conveyed the right way. Straight Pairing.

 (<3)

Tom doesn't really know what to do. 

He wasn't sure how he was going to show his affection to the woman he likes. A simple problem that has a lot of "maybe's" inside his head. It always feels like he wasn't enough for the woman that he admires - a librarian that caught his eye, met with her, and talk about a lot of books, hung out with her a lot during his free time from work.

He felt that there was a connection between them - but he wasn't sure.

Tom wasn't sure that if the person even looked at him that way. He knows that they had been good friends from the past few months that they had been together, but alas, self-doubt clouded his heart and mind to carve out the courage to even ask. It always ate at the back of his mind that he needed to know more about her - about Felicity. 

Was he always going to keep his distance and let whatever chance he has melt away? He knows that she was hanging out with other people as well, some of them he personally met, and felt that they were better than him. 

Better at communicating, better at doing their work, better at... everything. The list goes on inside of Tom's head and he just felt like he couldn't pop a confession out due to those prerequisites. The veil of insecurities just... kept lining up like a congo line of excuses that kept going on and on.

Was his mind always going to be like this? 

Did he ever have a chance?

"Hey Tom, you okay?" A voice snaps him out of his thoughts, making him look towards the direction that he heard the voice from. 

His eyes peeled towards the person that he liked, her long, brown hair that swayed to her shoulders, her modest brown coat that she always wears, and her round frame glasses that match with her beautiful cerulean eyes. Her face was slightly chubby, but it only added to her cuteness and appeal. 

They were sitting on one of the empty tables of the library, which was apparently just past closing time. They were just hanging out with each other in closed doors alone, something that made Tom quite nervous from time to time.

"Uh, yeah. I am doing just fine." Tom replied rather hastily, rubbing the back of his messy black hair, pocketing his hand on his jeans. 

Those eyes seemingly pierce through his soul, as if she knew that he was lying. "...hm, alright then. What do you think about this book?" 

Her hands were holding a book that he was reading a while ago - which was all about the complexity of romance as a whole. It was... kind of scary for Tom how the book went in-depth about relationships and such, which made him think that she was looking for someone as she made him read such literature. 

"Uh, well... I think that it really goes on ways how romance can be conveyed..." Tom answered, recalling some of the details that he had read from the pages within. 

She nodded with a small smile, her hands touching the cover of the book. "Yeah... how complex romance is... yet can be solved with just three simple words after a long time of hanging out with a specific person or... persons if they do sway that way." 

It was intriguing for Tom that she was into that stuff, especially when she gave that book for him to borrow and read.  He felt that he had missed a signal somewhere... but he couldn't put a finger on it.