Do I Dream Of You, Apocalypse?

Chapter 1 - A New World

My head. My head hurts so much! It's thumping as if it had its own heartbeat. But wait. Listen. Silence.

My eyes stung in the bright light. The room was completely white, like an insane asylum. But as my eyes adjusted, more colours started to appear. The first thing I saw was the door. I waited for someone to come in; to tell me that I was going to die in a few hours. But no one was there. It was just silent.

Silence is golden they say. But when your on your own in a room with no one around, you will think otherwise. I sat up slowly, being careful if I had any broken bones or sore joints. I was right. My legs were covered in bruises, they ached when I moved. All I could do was sit and wait. But I knew that I was alone. I had to figure out why.

My feet touch the cold, hard floor. It was refreshing, since it felt like my feet had been covered up for a decade. I attempted to stand, but my legs just flexed, and I fell against the wall. What happened to me? Did I die and come back? I would like to think so. But why am I stuck in a room, of which looked like it belonged to a hospital.

The hallway was wrecked. It seemed as though an earthquake took place, and only my room stayed in tact. Walking took some time to get used to, but as I carefully walked around the debris, I could see blood and entrails. I was disgusted. What kind of hospital is this?!