I Want (A Niall Horan One Shot)

Angel POV

I stood in the kitchen, over the stove, looking down into something that was supposed to be cream sauce cooking but I was never one to do the big fancy dinners. That was Mira or even Harry when he felt like it but now as I tried to help Mira I felt like a semi chef. It looked like some kind of muck that they served soldiers in war movies minus the chunks of food. No, instead chunks of cream cheese flouted around, unwilling to mix with the milk to make sauce for me. I stirred endlessly, somehow never able to get the milk and clumps of cheese to mix. Why couldn’t this be like baking? I’m excellent at baking, my brownies went in five minutes but I was now reduced to sauce making and I couldn’t even get that right.

Music drifted throughout the kitchen as Niall choose to sit in the corner with his guitar instead risking Mira’s wrath again. He had tried to help, he had actually come around early to help but it all went to hell as soon as Niall got a little too distracted and the stove top got turned on with a glass bowl sitting on top of it. That may have been partly my fault to; I had been the one doing the distracting but Mira still let me help. Something about it being partly my kitchen and she couldn’t stop me from doing what I wanted. I giggled as Mira looked over my shoulder groaning at what she saw. I turned my head so I could hold her gaze in mine giving her an apologetic look which I let mix with something that tried to say I told you so. I handed her the fork I was using to stir before making my way over to Niall.

He continued to play as I swayed and stepped my way towards him, bending forward at the waist, giving him a kiss on the cheek before pulling myself into the kitchen bench. I swung my legs back and forth as the melody continued something that was soft and gentle while Mira moved around the kitchen. The pot started to simmer but I stay put, no longer willing to try and help. I just sat happy on the bench, happy with the sight of my boyfriend concentrating on his guitar and carefree. The tune changed slowly, turning into ‘I’m Yours’ by Jason Maraz having everyone break out into song. Mira sung as she pulled bits and pieces out of the oven, Niall sung with his attention switching between me and his guitar while my eyes where all for him.

At this point, simply right now it didn’t seem like we were pressed for time and, of course, we wouldn’t have been pressed for time if Mira had just taken my idea of doing a simple dinner but for a big reunion between two best friends that hadn’t seen each other in years it wasn’t enough. Mira and Louis. They had been joined at the hip long before she and I crossed paths and longer still since Niall and I had crossed paths. Mira and Louis had set it up though in the end Louis had to back out of the plans for reasons that were connected to his girlfriend at the time. So it had ended up with Mira introducing us but as we prepared a three course dinner for six served by Mira herself it was all forgotten. The night was all smiles.

It was all smiles when Mira didn’t realise how little time she had between now and when Louis Tomlinson, Harry Style plus girlfriend were supposed to show up. Dinner was supposed to start at seven, the first course having to be put there exactly on the dot but it was ten to and Mira hadn’t even started – technically. The cream sauce I had been working over had been for the Carbonara but while it looked the way it did I trusted nobody was going to eat it. So far the dinner to officially meet Harry’s girlfriend was not going very well. I had planned on having a shower but I got caught up in all the fun and now would only just barely have time to change and do my hair, maybe being able to rush make up.

“Mira, darling, is the sauce going to be okay because I really think you should start to hurry because, and I hate to do this, but they are going to be here in a few” I braced myself to get my head chopped off.

“Yea, Angel, the sauce will be saved, I think it would be best if you get the Penne out for me and fill a pot with water then go and get ready” her voice sounded too calm.