Chapter 14

"If you find someone you love  in your life,

then hang on that love".

By Princess Diana

in the previous chapter:

"...should I..fail my exam?"

After her lessons, (Y/N) was having her lunch break at the Ripper, Levi was almost shocked to see her calm, he wondered if all women can be tamed with food.

"I'm glad to see (Y/N) more relaxed, I was really worried since many of her colleagues have been in a really bad mood these past few weeks." Kuchel said.

Levi nodded but his calm was totally kicked away when he saw the trio entering his bar. It was too obvious that the raven-haired man didn't like Eren, especially when he was near (Y/N).

It was not jealousy, definitely not, Levi saw (Y/N) like a sister, and as a big brother he wanted to protect her, especially after what she has been thorough...what they have been thorough.

-Flashback-

It was a rainy afternoon...the worst day in their life...the girl couldn't even stand on her feet...she was on the ground...definitely not caring about her clothes getting wet by the rain...

(Y / N) was screaming in pain as she shed countless tears, Levi instead tried to hold her as tightly as possible ... hoping somehow to relieve her of that heavy suffering.

"He left me Levi!! They left us!! Why!!??" she screamed, "What did they do to deserve this! What did we do to deserve this pain!?"

He couldn't answer her...no words would be able to fill the emptiness of their hearts ... what he could do was just silently curse the cruel world that had taken away the people they loved most.

Levi didn't cry...he couldn't...but he would have...the sight of her face...the sound of her screams...would have break anyone...

But this time...he had to be strong...for her...

-End of the flashback

They had both lost someone really important to them... but between them she had suffered much more, she was still fragile too fragile to fell in love again...

That's why Levi wouldn't allow anyone, especially to THAT brat, to take advantage of her.

"He better keep his hands off her...or I'll cut them." He thought while glaring at the boy.

Eren, on the other hand, shivered feeling Levi's dead stare on his back.

"Why is Levi staring at me? Did I do something wrong to piss him off??"