( 𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚒 )

the one with the call from DC▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

INTRODUCTION

DARKNESS CONSUMES PEOPLE— most of the times but what about the times it wraps around your soul like a dog on leash, barely making contact- but there. . . those are the times nobody talks about.
But why should they? You made it out. No matter how much it darkened your soul or tinted your skin— you are neither dead or evil, and that should be enough but is it?

Celena Scott lived it that darkness and maybe some of it existed within her- and that scared her. What if one day she isn't strong enough to fight the evil within? And while some part of her told her that it was just the part of the job but it always felt more. . . darkness ran through her blood and ignited her veins, and the day she decided to let it consume her— she'd be ready for it but until then she'd fight; because Celena Scott is a fighter.

New York

Tape, knife, toothpick

Another female. Blonde hair, blue eyes, young, single. Her hands taped behind her, skin rotting— she was the fourth.

Tape, knife , toothpick

Her dress, oh a beautiful dress it would had been- ripped; a knife stabbed in heart. Aggression. Disorganized. Overkill.

Tape, knife, toothpick

Her body tossed in a garbage bin behind an ally like it was trash itself. Her eyes poked with toothpicks— so stationary, too stationary. Organized. Hate. Surrogate.

Tape, knife, toothpick

Maybe she'd tried to run- but the wounds on her body said otherwise. There was no sigh of a struggle, or sexual assault or even torture. It was a simple kill— only if it was just that.

Tape, knife, toothpick

The woman looked similar but they couldn't have been more apart. It was more likely the killer knew the first victim. Jane Brooke— that was her name. Introverted. Medical student. Movie buff.

Tape, knife, toothpick

Samantha Green. Drug dealer. Broke. Alcoholic.

Tape, knife, toothpick

Jesse Cooper. Arts student. Popular. Depressed.

Tape, knife, toothpick

Rachel Evans. Stripper. Mother. Drug addict.

Tape, knife, toothpick

Drugs— that was the connection. They all had access to drugs.

"Check if Jane Brooke had some missing drugs in the lab she worked." Celena orders Emma who sat in front of the computer screen- the blue reflection illuminating her tired features.The rest of the precinct was quite - which was unusual. No prisoners from the cell were fighting or screaming, the officers weren't chatting near the coffee machine about just how much being married sucks, it was just quite.

Ring

"Yup. Painkillers were reported missing- dating back to 6 months ago." Emma answered seemingly proud of herself.

Ring. Ring

"Who knew about her drug problem?" She asks more to herself than to Emma. It was time for her to shine her detective batch and talk to all the people associated with the victim which shouldn't be a lot— the girl was an introvert.

Ring. Ri-

"Detective Scott." The women finally answered the landline which rested in her ever so messy desk- files overlapping one another, paper disposed partly but a photo frame resting above it all. A picture of her and her boyfriend Asher inside.

"Detective Scott." The man on the phone acknowledged. His voice was professional, authoritative. "This is assistant director Harold Cooper from the FBI speaking. You need to come to DC."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃