𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: the almost kiss

An hour and a half later they have finished with Sofia's shelf. As she admired the finished work she sat on her bed where James was already sitting.
"You have a nice room," James said "NICE?!" Sofia asked in shock "IT'S PERFECT" she said standing up doing a dramatic gesture of hands just to fall again over the bed laughing.
"okayyyy, chill! It's perfect" he said looking at her like she was mental.
"Tell me about you," she said quietly "Who is James Potter" she said while holding an imaginary microphone to James' mouth.
————————————————————————
James laughed at the brunette's question, he wondered, how had he ended up lying at the bed of a girl he had just met, and why did it felt so right?
Ever since James got into Hogwarts he had been in love with the amazing Lily Evans, who yes had rejected him like a thousand times but he didn't care, he thought about her every minute of every hour. And suddenly he meets this beautiful stranger who is opposite of Lily, and he won't even get a thought about her.

God. What was he thinking? this girl was a muggle, and he would be attending Hogwarts, never seeing her again. Getting back to her question, who was James Potter? WELL.... WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO SAY, HIS ENTIRE PERSONALITY WAS BASED IN THE USE OF MAGIC, I mean he was a good loyal friend... of a WEREWOLF, he was a good sports player... of Quidditch.

He was taking a lot of time trying to answer that question, and Sofia noticed. He was going with the safe stuff "Well, I'm an only child, I like playing sports, my parents are old to be my parents" just as your parents are too young to be your parents he thought "I have this group of friends that are like my brothers, andddd, I go to a boarding school" he said. He wasn't lying, as Sirius always said he was altering the truth, it couldn't hurt anybody. "But who is Sofia Lopez?" he asked curiously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, so, you already know the deal with my family, I'm not really good at sports, I clearly love reading, I don't really have many friends I just have one best friend from California, and because of my father's job I've moved constantly so I'm homeschooled," she was actually quite good at one sport. Quidditch. She was an incredible seeker, but of course, she wasn't going to tell a muggle about a magical sport. Sofia in all the places she had ever lived, never actually made friends, but that all changed when she met Allison Andersk, a Californian girl who lived next door with her parents and her younger brother. They had meet when Diego, her brother, and Julian, Allison's brother, made a sleepover. They were both big fans of Quidditch so playing on the same team only made their friendship stronger, until Sofia had to move again, but the distance didn't matter 'cause they keep up on each other's lives by owl.

"Well you can now add another friend to the list," James said smiling at her, she was looking directly into his ocean blue, there was this weird feeling in her stomach, she felt her smile fading away when she saw that James was really slowly leaning in. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH HIM? THEY HAD ONLY MET LIKE HOURS AGO "Woah, are we about to kiss right now?"She said trying to make humor out of the awkward situation. James quickly jumped out of his seat standing by the frame of the door, he ran a hand through his hair, clearly embarrassed, and said "Um, I'm sorry, I should probably get going, I'll see you around"waiting for her to answer "Right, I'll see you around" she said watching James walk away, and not long she heard the door open only to be closed.

As soon as she heard the door close, she rushed over to her window seat, from her window seat she could see James walk to his house, he looked stressed, like if he had committed the worst mistake of his life like if he had to worry, after all, she was the magic one ( or that's what she thought)

Still, she didn't understand what on Merlins name had just happened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE HE DONE?

That was the only thing that James could think about.

He had practically just tried to kiss his new friend/neighbor or whatever Sofia was to him, how could he have let this happened? He was in love with Lily, he couldn't just go around trying to kiss girls. Oh Sirius was going to be thrilled when found out about that, he could already see him bragging and 'altering the truth' about him kissing his new neighbor out of nowhere. But there was a bigger question he was always asking himself, why did he try to kiss her? Even though he didn't want to admit it he knew there was something about Sofia Lopez that made him crazy.

Lying in bed, James couldn't stop thinking about her, about those deep brown caramel eyes, her wavy brown hair, the dimples that formed on her smile every time she smiled.

AHHHG! HE WAS GOING INSANE. How could he be so stupid to catch feelings for this girl he had just met, and he was even more stupid for doing that when he already had his Lily-flower. He had never felt this kind of confusion, and the worst part is that he feared he had just scared his new friend away.

A/N: turns out Sofia wasn't the one catching feelings