Chapter 2

"Life is full of tough choices isn't it?" - Ursula

Dominique's POV

Today I have a meeting with the headquarters. I have not had a meeting with them since I was given the assignment of catching Eleanor. I did keep them updated on how the chase was going but I was never asked to personally go to their location.

But here I am today on my way to their building. I wasn't nervous at all because I know I have done nothing wrong.

However all these years I have been bummed out that Eleanor has been my only case for all these years. I hated not being able to do what I love to do. I honestly hated Eleanor for being so good at hiding and at running.

I wanted to get another case already so I can catch the villains and make our world a better place and maybe this is what the meeting is going to be about. Maybe I am finally going to get another case and another hero will be assigned to Eleanor.

But a part of me doesn't want to let her go. It's as if chasing her has helped me learn more about the dark side. I now know my way through their forest and their crappy buildings. I now know how everyone survives in such horrible conditions. I do feel pity for them. All my life I didn't care how and where they lived because I just wanted to either kill them or catch them. But now my thoughts are all over the place.

They are villains and they are bad. Who made them bad? The world did. But who made them revengeful, malicious, and full of hate? Them and only them because they chose their path knowing the consequences. They didn't let us heroes do our job and that is their fault.

I do feel pity for Eleanor however I am not programmed to feel that way. I am programmed to be strict and to be following every rule we have. However, this time chasing Eleanor made me feel other emotions I never believed I would feel. Maybe getting another assignment is better. I need to detach myself from her and stop looking for an escape from my world because my world is everything you can think of and want. And their world is everything you are scared of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the headquarters just in time for the meeting.

"Hello Mr. Pierce follow me please," a middle-aged woman tells me as I follow her through the halls.

The headquarters are huge. It is everything you imagine. It screams powerful, everything we all desire in life. It makes me think about why if we are so powerful then why are we still fighting a war that never seems to end. The war between the villains and the heroes. This is a never-ending war and sometimes I feel like I am fighting on the wrong side. Or in other words, I am fighting a war that will never get the outcome we all want because everyone is looking to be the winner.