Time Waits for No One by Jessa Mae Glimada

"Time waits for no one"

By: Jessa Mae G. Asok

"Everything happens for a reason", this was his motto as he goes to his journey in life where he feel love and pain for the first time.

He was Mizuki, a man who loves writing and painting. He is a freshman at Ateneo University. He is athletic and photogenic. Everyone has a crush on him but there was this one girl who doesn't like him. Her name was Xena opposite to Mizuki in terms of talent and skills but she's simple and cute. Mizuki was in the first section while she was in the last.

One day while Mizuki is walking at the hallway, he feels like someone is chasing at him. As he look back, it was Xena who is running so fast so she can catch up her class but unluckily they hit each other. Both of them fall on the floor, "Ouch!.. Hey! What's the matter with you, "Mizuki said angrily. "It wasn't my fault it's you who is blocking my way. "Xena answered and go away. Mizuki was so mad but he suddenly felt something that he couldn't explain.

As time goes by, when Mizuki went to a Department Store, she saw an old lady having a hard time crossing the street. He wanted to help but it was Xena who rush to help that old lady. Mizuki was shocked and suddenly he fall in love with the girl.

"Time waits for no one" he said. Whenever he sees the girl, he wants to confess his true feelings but he can't do it he was afraid that he might not be loved by someone he loved.

When they go home from school, Mizuki saw Xena with someone else; it was one of his close classmates, Tomoe. They were both happy and Mizuki felt jealous. When Mizuki crossed the road, he doesn't notice there was a car coming, he tried to escape but it was too late. Some of his classmates saw the accident and directly bring him to the hospital. Everyone was worried. The doctor said there's no chance that he will survive, but let us just offer our prayers that God might save him.

Xena knows what happen to Mizuki, she was very worried and went to the hospital. When she was there she sits beside Mizuki and she saw a notebook that is always being brought by Mizuki. She gets the book and read it, there was his journal and a special love poem just for Xena;

                I get mad when someone makes you sad;                   

                I wanted to be always on your side,                       

                And now you're far from my sight,                         

                Wishing you to be here with me tonight               

I can't say the words I feel,

                With you forever I'll be still,

                But my actions can't lie,

                My feelings for you never changed till I die..

She was shocked when she read the notebook and to know that Mizuki is also in love with her. Xena suddenly cries and cries and said "I'm so sorry because I haven't express my feelings towards you, before we meet I'm already in love with you but I was afraid to tell it because many girls has a crush on you. I'd never expect that you would also fall in love with me. I always ask Tomoe about you and some of your secrets too which makes me love you more."

                A tear from Mizuki's eyes fall. He might hear what Xena said. Even though he wants to stay by her side he has nothing to do if it his time to die." No one knows when a person dies, only God knows" ,Mizuki accept that it was his time to die. The doctor come and declared his time of death.

Moral lesson: If you want to dosomething do it before it's too late. Each one of has a fate destined by God and we have to accept it. Everything happens accordance to God's will.

...........................................................................................................................................................................