♤Chapter 18: Haley Walker Returns

"Dude, get back to work," the guy next to Gareth said. Gareth just growled and went through some boxes. He was organizing some supplies. He had to make sure everything was in the right place.

After hours of packing things up. Gareth took a break. It was already noon. He sighed. Then his phone beep. He clicks on the message; it was from Jenny. Said she was heading to the wedding now. Gareth told her to be careful. She said she would. Being away from Jenny made him anxious.

'You said to trust her,' King said. 'So we will.'

'I know,' Gareth said. When his break was over, he kept on working.

"Shit," he held his bleeding hand. He had cut it with the knife; he was using to cut open some packages. He went into the bathroom and washed it off. Getting the first aid kit, he cleaned it up and bandage it. He didn't need to do that it will heal immediately. But he was so used to it. Because his parents always bandage him up when he had a cut. 

He shook his head and then back to work. It was eight at night when he got off work. And he was exhausted. Heading home, he got there and straight to the shower. When Gareth finished, he got dressed. In case Jenny calls him to pick her up.

He went downstairs shirtless. And there was Daisy with a woman. Now not sure what happened. But he slipped on the last three steps and landed on his bottom. He stood back up, but the thing is, he felt weak and out of breath as of he ran a marathon.

"Gareth," Daisy helped him to the couch. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure," Gareth said. "I feel weak."

"Sit down," Daisy went to the kitchen. Gareth looked at the woman. She had auburn hair and bright green eyes. Why does that look familiar? Daisy came back with a cup. He grabbed it and drank it all; it was cold water. "Who's this?"

"This is Haley Walker," Gareth choked on his water. He grabbed his shirt and slipped it on. "She said we related to her."

"We are," Gareth said. "But she ain't welcome here."

"What?" Daisy frowned. "Gareth? Why do you say that? And how is she related to us? Tell me; you can't keep secrets from me. Especially not if it's family-related."

"I can't tell you," Gareth said. "I want her gone, now."

"Oh god, you have him," Haley said. "You have King."

"If I do, that's none of your concern," Gareth said.

"He took my kids!" Haley yelled. "I have the rights."

"I'm slightly confused," Daisy said.

"I ain't doing this here, my sister is pregnant, she doesn't need this," Gareth said. "And I don't need this, James is dead so that you know. Be a woman and let it go. Most of it, it's your fault."

"He told you," Haley looked sad. Gareth nodded.

"King did, not James," Gareth said. "Now please leave my home."

"I'll be back; I have rights, your part of my family as well," she stood up and walked out.

"Are you going to tell me?" Daisy asked.

"Not now," Gareth said. "Right now, I think King left me."

"What?" She touched his forehead. "You have a fever."

"It will pass," he sat down and rested. Where is King? Did he get afraid? Gareth knows she can't do anything. He better come back. It's an awful feeling. He laid on the couch for an hour. Until his phone then rang. He answered it; it was Jenny asking to be picked her up. He told her he would be there.