Prologue

Dearest readers,

This is the third book of The Beyond Series. I hope you enjoy it.

This can be read as a stand-alone, but for a better perception of the full story, you can read the other two books - BEYOND TEMPTATION and BEYOND DECEPTION on dreame.

Please support my work if you enjoy it, by following my Facebook page @slamaraauthor.

The Beyond Series has a Facebook group of its own called THE BEYOND SERIES. People are amazingly interactive over there, and I warn my readers every time a new chapter is out. Come be a part of the fun and get your hands on exclusive content.

Thank you in advance for reading. I truly hope you enjoy it. Good Reads ***

ALISON

Intrigued to read my story? I know you are. I hope you're ready for a bumpy ride because the life of a Mafiosi family isn't one for the faint-hearted. And my life isn't either, especially since I've decided that I would be making the most out of it while I'm still free.

I always knew this would be my life, that one day I would get married to someone for the sake of the family business, probably someone I didn't even know. And I sure wasn't wrong.Now, at this stage of my life, I was facing something like a predicament. Not a life-changing one, or so I thought, but something still hard to choose between. And I know we've all had those moments in life. You've had them too.I have to choose between what I felt was socially and morally right and accepted, or blindly following my urges and needs. Like I said, nothing life-altering as of right now, but it ultimately did change my life. I'm just still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not so much. What would have been waiting for me behind door number two? Would it have changed anything if my decision at this very moment were a different one?Fuck it! At the end of the day, I am who I am. And I... I am Alison Battaglia, the bratty youngest sibling in the Battaglia clan, and this is how I chose to live my freedom!