Chapter 1

Sunlight flooded the prince's chambers as Merlin parted the velvet curtains and set a bowl of porridge on the table. Arthur groaned.

"Rise and Shine, Princess!"

Arthur's blue eyes snapped open, and he sat up in bed. His blonde hair was a mess, and his perfectly chiseled jaw twitched with irritation. "What did you just call me?" Merlin smirked, feeling rather mischievous, and threw open the heavy wooden doors of the prince's wardrobe.

As he sifted through Arthur's assortment of expensive clothes, Merlin concealed a grin. He heard his master throw off the bedsheets and make his way to his porridge. Laying Arthur's outfit on the bed, Merlin joined the prince at the table, sliding a glass of orange juice next to the bowl.

Arthur barely seemed to notice as he wolfed down his breakfast, giving Merlin plenty of time to study the prince. His gaze went from his icy blue eyes to his muscled chest. His broad shoulders turned into muscular, powerful arms, and Merlin looked like a sickly puppy compared to the warrior.

But still..."Merlin!" The table shook as Merlin jumped to his feet, and Arthur's brow furrowed with pure annoyance. "You seem very comfortable, so I don't think I'll bother you with any tasks today."

"Thank you, Sire-" "I'm not serious you Imbecile! Go clean out the stalls!" Any compassion that Merlin had just possessed for Arthur flew out the window as he hurried out of the chamber, gathering the dirty dishes as he went.

"Right away, Princess..."