Chapter I

One foot after the other. That's the only thing on her mind, and it kept her going. For these short few years she had a purpose. She has to find Rafiki, the only one she had left.

The night we arrived at the island, everything had changed. No, not the day wall Maria fell. They weren't even there to witness that. No. I should've stopped him from running off.

We knew nothing of Paradis. But little did I know I was about to find out all of it, soon though.

She unconsciously adjusted the straps on her clothes and tightened them. She paced forward following the dim tracks before her. Rafiki had run off first thing when they come across their first Titans on this island. And thank god he did. They would've killed him if he didn't, just like they tried with her. Though, the injuries she suffered from her several encounters with the Titans that roamed around the Paradis Island held her back from doing the thing she had pushed herself to. When Rafiki ran, that had been weeks ago.

For her to find him she needed to recover, survive to find him. Her injuries weren't that bad but enough to hold her back. At first she wasn't alone, of course not. Others had helped her, her friends. However, it wasn't very long before they were gone too. It was just her now, a survivor.

With every soft and unsteady rhythm of steps her eyes scanned the tall trees around her. The world seemed to peaceful and quiet, but she knew better than trust the silence. With a huff she supported her body with the tall-dubble sided-axe that she clung to like it was the only thing keeping her upright. And it was.

The hanging carcass of a deer slammed against her back with every step she took. Hunting seemed to become more difficult on this island so it certainly was a surprise when she finally came across the first large animal she has seen here.

Hunting was the only thing keeping her alive. She usually didn't find more than a few squirrels on her hunting trips. Sometimes she couldn't find them at all or she was to occupied by tracking Rafiki. And not every day ran as smooth as this one. Runs would often be too dangerous with all these Titans running around the place. Staying hidden meant staying safe.

Sunlight kissed her slightly tanned skin and soft chirps from the birds rang through the air. With the soft blow from her mouth and her lips that formed an 'o' she mimicked the melodic songs of the birds in the scenery with a an identical sound.

Matching the tones around her she let out soft whistles to match the tweets of the birds. She had gotten very good at it, being the only way she could communicate to others. Or as she would like to think at this time. She was tired of talking to herself or pretending her friends were still here.

It didn't take too long for something shot up her spine. She abruptly stopped whistling and bent forwards. The deer dropped beside her and her knees dig in the grass. Gritting her teeth she reached for her back and tried flexing it. This only caused more lightning bolts to shoot up her spine and she fell backwards on the ground with a loud thump.

Gritting her teeth she rolled over on her stomach. She reached her hands over to her axe that lay just a few feet from her grasp. But with the pain shooting up her spine she curled into a ball and her eyes weren't able to open from their tightly squeezed shut position for a few seconds.

The pain in her spine didn't seem to lessen but she didn't have much else to do since there was a loud thumping heard somewhere around the forest. It was coming closer, and fast. She reached her hand out for her weapon again and once she came in contact with the metal she clasped her fingers around the handle and swung her body upwards and made a run for the trees.

Without any more time to waste she hastily put the axe in her right hand and got two different blades from her sleeve and boot. She risked a glance over her shoulder, that decision didn't seem too risky. With a fast stabbing motion she rammed the blade in her right hand in the tree and repeated the action with her left and did this till she reached a thick branch and nimbly hoisted herself on the branch and clung to it like a koala since the tree was shaking and it was way to wobbly to stand there without holding on to something.