🔲Ep.1/2: Beware of my Power🔲

Episode fanfic title: Who are the New Lanterns? 

///////////////////////000///////////////////////

Location: Sector 2814 (Earth, Coast City)

Hi everyone, I'm Cassandra, but you can call me Cass for short. I just turned 19, and I'm excited to see Uncle Hal fly one of the newest jet designs, the SU-30 Fighter Jet. It's pretty cool, right? Yes, that's right, did I mention 'Uncle Hal Jordan'? He's my uncle to all of my siblings, Howie, Jane, and Arthur, who are currently on another 18-month camping trip away from home while my parents are on their second honeymoon for the next 6 months. As for me, I get to live in one of the Coast City apartments with my best friend Kia Roberts A.K.A.

I know all this because I'm her protégé, the Ghost Hacker. We're also in charge of the "CodeLight" club, which is a support group for superheroes and heroines. We can chat about our favorite superheroes, be ourselves, have a few drinks (sometimes), go on trips, travel, and plan our next pranks. I'm currently in Hal Jordan's boss's office, waiting for him to return from testing the billion-dollar Jet. I've been texting Kia about sending in all my belongings, textbooks, movies of her choice, along with my canisters of paint spray, and finally, books. 

I've also been querying how she's going to bring them. She'll come by the girls' locker room after uncle Hal comes back from the flight. We'll keep the commentary to vehicle-specific, shall we Jordan? I roll my eyes at her comment, but it was fun seeing them like this. Just so you know, I'm wearing a green/blue striped shirt with a black hoodie over it, black combat boots and leggings.

While Carol tells him in a bossy/flirty tone, sitting down on her seat near the microphone on top of her desk that's connected to one of the Jets comlinks in the company, she has her hands clasped in front of her. She mentions that she hasn't had any contact with Uncle Hal since he started dating her a few months ago. As I watch the scene unfold, I find myself doing an anime pissed-off face without Carol knowing it (yes, I'm a bit of a weeb). I just wish they'd got married. I mentally groan because I learned he was scared of losing her, which is something any superhero would react to.

Anyway, she's just a few feet away from me. I'm doing one of my final exams for the first semester of the year at the University of NYC. I finally finished and put my laptop in my BTS A.R.M.Y. backpack with dark red and black roses around it (A/N: yes, for once I'll let my OC be a fan of BTS). The familiar voice came on the communicators and said, "%I was, boss." Hal keeps up the flirting through the comlinks. "%That was me expressing my professional opinion of the prototype's acceleration. Btw, how's Cass?%

I went up to the boss at Hal and gave him a smile to let him know I'd already taken care of my assignments. "I'm just finishing up my last assignment, and I've already completed the others in about 15 minutes." I said proudly to myself in the comms, which surprised him and Carol. I told them about my 200 IQ, which made Uncle Hal's mouth drop to the floor in seconds. He coughed in shock, "%15 minutes?! "No wonder you got a 200 IQ. Guess it didn't come from your family, huh?"

Hal said, still flying the SU-30 fighter jet. Carol giggled at his response. "I think she acts recklessly when it comes to situations like this, Hal. *beep* beep* Oh, and Cass?" 

"Yes?" 

"MasterGrid is here." She whispers into the microphone with one hand covering it and winks at me. She already knows who's coming to Ferris Aircraft. I leave the office quickly to get my stuff from MasterGrid, also known as Kia, down the right corridor by going into the locker room. The company was set up by a 19-year-old black girl with thick black hair in a half-shaved, curly pixie style, black eyes, and large yellow circle glasses. She had an oval face and was wearing a sun shirt, white sneakers, and shorts.