The Mansion

Your POV

You were looking up at the mansion, awe-struck. It was smaller than that monstrosity of a home you had (because honestly, that was big) , but it seemed safer, somehow. It felt more home than home, and you let your guard down a little.

Ha, alright. So a dark ass house in the middle of the woods is so much more amiable than that pink ass house in the middle of the city..? You really have a screw loose, (Y/N).

"I thought I told you to shut up."

Suit man turned his head abruptly, cocking his head to the side. There were a few minutes of awkward silence until you realised you had voiced your thoughts.

"Oh sorry, did I say that out loud?"

Your voice was the epitome of casual. Everything had happened so fast, after all. It wasn't until a few minutes of everything sinking in that you realised you were kidnapped, in the middle of the woods, in the middle of the night, with a man in a suit that wasn't even a man at all. This definitely wasn't a situation where you causually brushed off telling scary suit man to shut up.

"Why did I think this was a good idea..?"

"Now, child, I have to warn you, there are people in this residence that have, how do i put it..."

Oh, he had a mouth. Albeit a rather eccentric one.

"Lost their humanity."

"I advise you to tread carefully for a short period of time, as they might not be familiar with you."

"So you're saying everyone in their is the opposite of poor old homo sapien me..?"

"That's an interesting way of phrasing it, but yes, that's correct." He chuckled and damn.

It was a good chuckle.

What is wrong with you?

"You. You are what's wrong with me."

Ouch, (Y/N), harsh!

"Shall we proceed?"

"Uh... yeah. Yeah, okay."

You realised it was not okay when you stepped in. You weren't referring to the huge mess the living room was compared to the exterior of the house, though that part was not okay as well.

"Good evening, children, I believe I told you to clean up the trash before I got back." You'd heard that tone before.

"Yeah, I cleaned up. Jeff's not here anymore."

"Ben." Ah yes, that's the tone your dad used the time you tried to jump off the house balcony.

"Yeah, yeah, aside from that, who's the hot chick?" Yeah, yeah, aside from that, who're all these weird-ass people that look like they're on their way to Halloweens R Us?

"Her name's (Y/N) (L/N), and she will be a resident of this pig sty starting today."

"Wait, hold on, I'm staying here?" It wasn't even in the contract!

There was no contract, (Y/N), just a note that you blindly followed.

You were about to retort when a sharp movement from the corner of your eye caught your attention. You turned and were greeted by a pair of eyes. Or a lack of them, for the matter.

"Did he hear me?" You wondered, but not for long when you realised that all eyes were on you.

Not good.

Well, introduce yourself!

"Uh... Hi..?"

Leave a comment or star or just have a great day!