Part 1- What Happened to Being Normal

Remember when you were little and someone would say "thats not normal" and you kinda just shrug? When did that become a thing? 

Don't get me wrong, normal is undefineable and a little dreary, but when did it become an insult? People nowadays reply with
"Normal is boring"
"No one is normal"
and I beg to differ. Its not that no one is normal. its that we are all fucked up now. Once upon a time, if you weren't normal, you were the kid no one wanted to be around, the outcast. Now its almost as if the tables have flipped. If you are too straight and narrow, or don't have a quirk of a sort, people reject you. 

And I'm not saying you have to be normal, God no, be whatever the fuck you wanna be, YOLO it. 

That was beyond lame... ugh.

What I mean is, well.... For instance, what is normal for a spider, is chaos for the fly. Thats the same activity, a normality within the spiders life, but a final one for the fly. Everyone has their own normal, some just seem to fit the bill a bit better. 

You have rainbow hair and pull faces? Abnormal but normal.

You have straight hair and like smiling? Normal but abnormal. (Seriously, smiling is great and all but it kinda scares me) 

So again, it begs the question, kinda, what happened to being normal?

I'll tell you. People.

Because there's so many of us, so many differences, normal was an impossible common ground. we can have common interests, tastes, likes and dislikes... but normal, is uncommon between people. 

We are all normal.

On different scales.

And we are too blind to see this. 

"Normal is boring" Bullshit. If I'm spending time with a guy who's definite of normal is weed, I'll quite happily spend time with a girl who's definite is coffee. 

Thats not to say the weed guy is normal, or that the coffee chick is either, they are both normal. But in their own 'cultivated through their lives' way.

Everyone is different. Thats what happened to normal. People tried to define it out of context, without seeing everything through the same lens. 

You are normal as fuck, but don't be offend if people don't notice. 

Yeah, so thats the first installment of TINYTU. Enjoy and please Share with others.