Chapter 4

PAST

PAST

Diane howled running in the distance feeling the wind against her thick coated fur. There's no greater feeling to the poor than freedom, she thought to herself. Freedom to live without suffering every single day was a big wish for her. But in her case, Diane asked for freedom unaware of the price she had to pay in return.

The blood had already dried up on her fur it was a reminder that she has been running for a long time. Howling she laid down for a while, life was certainly exhausting.

She wined in pain feeling her baby shift inside of her, it was all the hope she needed to get through her family's disaster. How could her parents promise her to a fifty-seven-year-old man she thought. "No they said if she didn't do it she'll be a disgrace to them, the truth was they never loved her because of her dark figure.

Most of the people in her family were fair. Her father the alpha slept with a stripper and that's how she was created. Her mother died from heavy use of drugs, so Diane had no choice but to live with her father in a foreign country, in a cruel family.

Her mother was South African that's where she got her beautiful dark complexion from. Though she looked like her mother Diane still also had her father's features. Her stepmother and father only wanted the money in return for the marriage.

Parents like hers were disgusting in every shape way and form and they didn't deserve the title. As she looked up in the sky she prayed to the moon for guidance, to help her flee from the nightmare that kept her still for so long.

She prayed for her baby hoping to have a good delivery with no complications, that was every mother's wish. Immediately she heard a twig snap by the tree nearby. Her heart fell to her chest did they finally catch up to her she thought.

As the wind blew harder a wolf revealed himself in the darkness, she couldn't see who it was at first. But Diane shortly she began to make out who it was. It was her brother, she knew her brother's soft grey coat very well. Diane scuffed backing up she didn't know if her brother was trustworthy.

He sent a growl in return commanding her to shift into her normal form. Her brother would become alpha of the blood moon eventually thus carrying on the family legacy that was given to him by birthright.

Diane hesitated then submitted she screamed as she began to shift, it was always painful to do, that's why she rarely changed into her wolf form. Her brother Aiden stood there already in his human form she couldn't stop herself from staring a bit.

He had a perfect manly structure followed along with the typical blond hair and blue eyes, it was hard to stop staring but the silence between them snapped her out of her trance. "So you were gonna leave?." Diane kept her head down running away was for the best. The best for her the baby and her future it's was the right thing to do.