Ruv's Way

When I said the only person I could trust in this whole wide world is Sarvente, I meant it without any grains of salt. A number of individuals were inside our home casually conversing with each other, singing in the living room and some slept on the couch.

Knowing Sarvente, I had expected a pleasant party that wouldn't get our neighbors knocking on our front door asking us what the racket was. Color me out-of-place, there's a ton of people in the house. If any of them destroy a single piece of furniture Sarvente's purchased herself, I will gladly erase their existence. 

Whitmore was here. That blue-haired human calls him Whitty and the lanky guy detests it. They were going at it, battling with their voices. I'm just glad they can sing good so it wouldn't annoy my ears. There was another girl, most probably younger than all of us that also adorned blue hair, she was lurking behind a wall with her eyes bloodshot fixated on blue hair guy. 

The girlfriend, I assume was his, bopped to the beat settling down on a huge beatbox that'd surely disturb the neighbors. Not like I cared about them. 

Besides those, there were others like Hex. Sarvente was talking with another person named Ayana. I didn't really want to intrude on anything so I just figured going to my room was the best option. 

"Beep boop bap skee ra oop!" Blue hair guy tossed the mic to me, a competitive grin on his face. The others looked at me expecting something to happen. If I didn't have good reflexes, blue hair guy was as good as dead for throwing the mic at me. 

Might as well make him realize one of the owners of the house I guess. I stomped further into the living room, catching eye of Sarvente waving at me. If my nose were visible, it'd bleed because of her.

She mouthed 'I hope you're enjoying as much as I am'. Of course, I can read her lips. Best friends share that innate ability, right?

"Sup' squirt? What do you think of our new place? Vastly different than the church, obviously." I say, the ground shaking upon my entrance. I was intensely in a new state of mind whenever I held a mic. Nothing existed in my surroundings except the poor soul I had to destroy with it. 

Though, now that I'm holding one, I remember last week me and Sarvente had a little singing battle. I took it easy on her but she was making it easier on me. It's nice to know I can still retain a part of myself through funking out. This could be the hobby that'd stick with me until I'm gone. 

"Boo ba baaa ski bap!" he replied, his girlfriend wearing a serene smile.

"Aren't you a big ball of confidence? Last time we met, you couldn't find the bathroom, refused to participate in church, and soiled yourself dry."

"Ra boop! Skee ba beep ba!" he exclaimed.

"So that's how it is? You've gotten yourself a little stronger and taking on a challenge you can't beat? You're somewhat amusing but too naive. At my party, no less. You got bigger balls than I imagined, don't take that out of context."

"Skree! Wo bee boop!" he declared for the final time.

"I'll say one thing before we start this party with a bang." I cracked my knuckles, readying for a massive array of loud funking. "The bathroom's upstairs if you need it. Remember to flush, k?"

His girlfriend readied a randomly selected song, the beat was faster than the previous one. This was more up my alley as opposed to slow ones.  In a few seconds, the music flooded the living room bombastically, the voices of everyone in sync with the fast-paced tempo.

As usual, my voice moved the place by force. I took a look at Sarvente, she was pouting at me.

'Have fun. But not too much fun.' she mouths out.