Chapter 27

ʀʏᴀɴ

I rubbed my eyes open, squinting at my surrounding. A yawn left my mouth as I stretch my hands. Soft hairs rubbed against my arm.

I glanced at Leona, sleeping pleasantly beside me. Her face still facing me. And body half leaned over. With her hand trapping me into her.

We were in my room. I can't really blame her for that. Clearly remembering how I frustrated her to get me in here.

Feels like I was looking at her after an eternity. I really didn't mean to confuse her about us. It was clear that we were never going to be a couple. Just two friends feeling more for each other. And enjoying each other's company.

It maybe because I went too far by gifting her the ring.

Just hours ago, she confessed her love for me. And I am glad, I dozed off. Because I could have messed up by reciprocating it back.

Though I love spending time with Leona, I must never forget that she is not the one I want to spend my life with. Everything with her is temporary.

But I think I messed up more by keeping about my previous relationship from her. Leona only agreed on this arrangement because she assumed I have never been in a relationship. And need time to be comfortable with commitments.

I never corrected her. And didn't plan to tell her about Robin.

However, she saw Robin's picture and enquired me about her. Me being in my vulnerable state brazenly spilled out everything.

Fortunately, Leona didn't react aggressively upon it, and rather tried to be understanding. Which I like about her. As she doesn't jump to conclusions.

Anyway, she wants to talk about Robin. And I will have to tell the whole truth.

Though this casual relation with Leona was going fine. I will have to prepare myself to end it.

Now, I only have these few moments to cherish before she wakes up.

It will be hard to see Leona depart from my life. But she is not Robin.

Robin and I had something real. Something pure. What I have with Leona is not at all similar to what I had with Robin.

Robin was and is special to me.

Speaking of which, at the party, I got drunk with my friends. Though my memory is rusty, I remember talking to Hank about Robin. He referred to something recent related to her. But being hammered, it went unheard.

When I asked him to repeat, Nathan barged in between us and pushed him away. After which I had a few more drinks. And ended up in the backseat of Nathan's car. Then Leona was driving me home.

Slowly lifting Leona's hand, I tugged out of her embrace. And covered her with the blanket.

I stared at her for a moment, and bent over to brush away some strands off her face. Leaving a peck on her head, I left a sigh.

This maybe the last time I will get to kiss her.

Retrieving away, I rushed out of my room. And spotted my phone along with Leona's, beside the bowl. I grabbed it to check the time. And it showed 03:30 of the morning.

Soon I was staggered to see a name on my display. Robin had texted me.

Not only that but there were 3 missed calls from her.

I hurriedly opened them.

Ryan

I need you