CHAPTER : 11 - WHERE WERE YOU THAT NIGHT?

Chapter : 11 - Where Were You That Night?

"Listen, Aryan just don't starve yourself and please try to get some sleep. Everything will be alright. Do you hear me?" Dad said and I kept nodding with my head down.

"Don't worry about me. And take care dad. And call me when you reach home. And uh- are you sure, I mean I can drive you to airport. You need not go in a taxi." I said.

"You already look tired. And I can go in a taxi. I'll call you tomorrow, it's late you go to sleep." He said and I just tried not to roll my eyes.

"Dad I'm not a kid-"

"No, you are still a kid Aryan. Atleast a kid to me. And I just want you to take care of yourself." He said and I nodded.

"Yes dad." I said and he smiled.

"And... take care of Annu too. Well, I don't have to say that coz you anyway do that. But do give her some space Aryan. Let her decide, and do things for herself. Okay?" He said.

"Okay dad." I nodded. And he came forward to hug me and I did. To be honest, I didn't want him to go back this early. I was expecting he'd stay for a few days. But again, the thought of him knowing what's going on in the college made me think it's for the good.

"Can you stay a day or two more?" I asked before I could even think.

"Well, I thought you'd want me to leave as soon as possible. Don't kids these days love freedom more?" He chuckled.

"I think I have enough of it. I just felt it would be great if you stay with me for much long." I said.

"But, I have some business to take care of. You can come home soon. And Aryan, I know you got it all covered but concentrate on your studies. Okay?" He said and I smiled.

"Okay dad." I said.

"Uh- taxi is waiting." Arjun said smiling nervously and dad went to him. They talked something silently that I couldn't exactly hear and then with a last wave he slid into the taxi and left. I kept looking at the empty driveway for some time before Arjun spoke.

"Aryan, are you coming?" He said and I shook my head.

"I'll take a walk. You can go rest." I said and he nodded reluctantly.

"Don't be long." He said and left.

I closed my eyes for a moment and discarding my shoes I started walking on the freshly cut grass. It was cold under my feet and rubbing my palms I walked in the chilly air.

It was already very cold, for the first week of November. My fingers were freezing and I rubbed them together and I kept walking to the other side of the park. The lights from the windows I could see were slowly being put off one by was as the night settled in.

It was past 12, and cold. Was sleep was nowhere close to my eyes. I kept walking clutching myself with my arms. I cursed under my breath for how cold it was.

And when I came to the end of the path, I was about to turn around and walk back but I heard some splashing sounds from the pool at the corner of the park. I wanted to turn away and walk back but something urged me to look at who was in the pool past midnight in the weather this chilly.
And as I moved closer and looked at the person.

You got to kidding me.

"Are you crazy? It's freezing! Just come out Annu!" I said and she immediately raised her intense dark eyes to me. And as soon as she raised she looked down again at the water she's kicking with her feet.

"Annu! Just listen to me and come out!" I said to her in my sharp voice and she ignored. She still sat on the edge of the pool with her legs dipped in the water till her knees. Her fingers fidgeted in her lap as she noticed me staring at her legs. I blinked my eyes and looked away.