EPILOGUE

DECEMBER 31,2022

COMMISSIONER: " How do you say that sir?"

TIM: " If he had not completed his murders, he would not decide to die. He would have completed all his murders. He is an intelligent psycho."

COMMISSIONER: " But, why he must have killed Vijay's wife? she's innocent. And, why did he die?"

TIM: " He was fascinated by the beauty of her. He had sinned. But, there is no evidence for that."

COMMISSIONER: " So, he has done only 5 murders."

TIM: " Include Vijay to that. It's also a sin. WRATH or anger."

COMMISSIONER: " Ok sir. But, there are only 6. So this means we won."

TIM: " I'm not convinced with this. Something is gonna happen."

" Nothing will happen sir. Take rest, sir. Everything will be good." Comforted Commissioner. " You will feel relieved if you spend time with your family." " You're right, these are the signs that indicate that I'm getting old." Mocked Tim. " Okay sir, I'm leaving, take care." Said commissioner and he left. Before he boarded his car, he got a call. " I'm on my way. Is the autopsy process complete? If so, just get the reports. " But, Tim was not convinced, as it was his last case, and he failed to solve it.

AUTOPSY FACILITY

CHENNAI

The doctor came out of the room. He had a notepad in his hand. He handed over the notepad to the commissioner. The report was handed over to the commissioner.

10 Pm

Police headquarters

The commissioner was inspecting the reports. There were some images and some numbers, inscribed in his skin. It was inscribed in block words, GREED. There were some numbers, but the commissioner was tired, so he didn't think about them. He slept.

1 JANUARY 2023

The commissioner's phone rang. " Sir, we have found a body at the dump, today morning. " " Oh my god! this isn't over. Can you get me the exact latitudes?" Asked the commissioner. " I'll send you sir. Just give me two minutes." The commissioner took the reports to see the numbers. A notification popped. It was an image, containing the latitudes. It was 13.036560,55.378052.

He took the paper and he was shocked. In the paper, it was written,  13.036560,55.378052.

CITY DUMP

At some time, police forces gathered in the area. They took the body, it was wrapped in a white sheet, and the head was missing. In the cloth, It was written ENVY in blood.

CENTRAL JAIL

Vijay, to himself: " My life has transformed very drastically, in just a week. I lost my wife, child, family, and all. Life is so complicated and it seems to turn things around within a minute or so. " Prisoners were given a chance to write letters to their homes every week. Vijay wrote to his wife, as he imagined she was alive and was with him. 

TIM'S RESIDENCE

" Hmm. A long trip would be great." Tim packed his things and then opened the garage of his house. There was his bike. He started the bike and started his journey, in search of his family and happiness.

______________________________________________________________________________

                                      THE END

               A STORY BY BARATH KALYAN T

                                 THANK YOU!