Chapter Seven- *Dean's Point of View*

When our group walked in the morgue to look at the bodies. Sam and I put on latex gloves and looked at each other.

“Well, here we go.”

Sam opened the head and looked at the brain. I had to look away. I looked at Amelia and fidgeted.

“I hate this part.”

She laughed.

“Huh,” Sam exclaimed.

“What?” I asked.

“It’s missing the part of the brain that holds brain fluid,” Amelia stated while looking at the brain.

Sam nodded and looked at the other bodies.

“Same with the others,” Sam said.

“So it is a wraith?” I asked.

Sam nodded and put the bodies back together.

“This seems too easy.”

“What the-”

We looked back and saw the sheriff staring at us. She held coffee in her hand but it fell to the floor, making a mess. She pulled her handgun out and pointed it at Amelia. I heard Amelia gasp from beside me.

“What are you doing, Sheriff McMichaels?” She asked.

She cocked the gun, still aiming at Amelia.

“You are not Amelia Jones. You are not working with the FBI. They, on the other hand, are. I got them checked out.”

“Whoa, whoa. Just wait a second-” I started.

“Agent Hammett, why are you sticking up for this… this imposter?”

I stepped in front of Amelia and put my hand out to stop the sheriff.

“You don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Unless…”

“Unless?”

“Unless I do know what I’m talking about. ‘Amelia Jones’, you are under arrest.”

“What?!”

The sheriff kept her gun aimed at Amelia. I was ready to strike her when Amelia stopped me.

“No. Dean, it’s okay.”

I looked at her and stayed in a protective stance.

She whispered in my ear, “Finish the case, for me.”

I clenched my jaw and moved out of the way. The sheriff grabbed Amelia with the gun still pointed at her.

“You’re under arrest for impersonating a federal agent. You know your rights or do I need to tell you?”

“Nah, I know them.”

The sheriff put the handcuffs on her wrists and she looked over at me. I was still ready to fight. Sam was holding me back and she shook her head.

She mouthed, “Don’t.”

I sighed and nodded.

She mouthed, “Tell Brad that I’ll have to go on a date with him some other time.”

I huffed and crossed my arms.

“Is this really necessary? We can take her to our agency,” I said, trying to stop McMichaels.

“Nope. Sorry, she’s in my jurisdiction.”

I got angry and growled lowly. I then looked at Sam in a way to get help. Sam shrugged and walked out of the room. I gasped in exasperation.