💐 i'd pick you 💐

[ a/n ]

popped into my head when i decided to clean out my camera roll... i knew there was a reason i hoarded photos.

lowercase intended, essentially notes from my phone so not as formatted and ✨pengu✨ as my other writing. more of a stream of consciousness.

originally published on ao3 a while back. hope you liked the bite-sized sope 💕

💐

hoseok works part-time at a flower shop and yoongi needs directions

tags: flower shop; flower crowns; soft soft soft; drabble

mini: 540 words

💐

it's not often that hoseok sees a sad face at work.

it's not unheard of, of course. the flower shop serves a variety of clients and sometimes they do have to help create arrangements for a grieving family.

but more often than not, hoseok sees faces brightening when customers buy bouquets for their loved ones, or have consultations for wedding florals.

not that his role is that important. he's only here part-time to help pay for school. he cleans the store and makes sure everything is presentable.

not much to it, but he still gets to see the smiling faces and that's the best part.

and tonight, just after he flips the OPEN sign to CLOSED someone knocks on the glass, wiping their tears on their sleeve.

"i got it," the florist and store manager walks to the glass door and unlocks it, stepping out and speaking to the young man on the outside.

yoongi has no idea where he is.

he's just left a bad date - the thought and stress of which made him walk the wrong way without thinking and now he has no idea where he is and his phone died and he needs directions.

needs directions.

not that directions would be much use, he has no spatial awareness and the only way he gets anywhere was with very detailed visuals. preferably visuals that update in real-time as he navigates. preferably on a screen.

"okay, breathe. come on in and we can figure this out."

he's just barely keeping it together.

barely keeping it together and also stealing glances at the boy behind the counter.

and hoseok keeps just missing the glances as he, too, sneaks in his own. watching yoongi as he talks to his boss.

"a charger, yeah," his boss says. he has a charger. "wait right here."

yoongi hops up on one of the stools, tapping his fingers on his knees and hoseok keeps spraying the dahlias because it's something to occupy his hands.

and he turns and yoongi is looking.

yoongi is looking and his eyes are surprised and soft and sad and open and hoseok just wants .

"here you go, see if this one fits."

yoongi gives a shake of his head as if breaking a trance and accepts the charger gratefully, smiling when it's compatible and his phone can stop being on the brink of death and he won't have to continue the rest of the night reading a map scribbled on floral-wrap sheets.

like a fucking victorian.

hoseok silently starts arranging flowers. eyes down, hands busy.

yoongi assumes that he imagined any interest and this boy was just existing - albeit, unfairly. just doing his job.

but then hoseok walks over, tray full of flowers cut nearly to the bud.

"can i?"

yoongi doesn't know what he's asking but every cell in his body answers in a resounding-

"yes"

and hoseok places each bloom into yoongi's fluffy dark hair. one by one.

and the feeling.

ticklish and intimate and healing.

"beautiful."

yoongi opens his eyes, not fully understanding when they'd closed.

looks up at hoseok and back to the counter.

notices one purple flower alone on the tray.

he reaches for it and tucks it behind hoseok's ear.

"walk me home?"

the end 💜