His and Hers

Ayyyye, have some angst. Or at least my attempt at angst. TBH I haven't written angst a lot so I am not sure how this worked out. This little crap-shoot story came from me being in my feels and writing the last paragraph before decided that I could make it longer. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy!

Her POV:

Slowly crept behind him. My hands squeezing each other almost to death from how tense I was. I knew something was wrong. He never came out here unless something was wrong. He didn't even tell me that he was coming here, so something was really, really wrong.

Should I even dare to find out? He has always been hard to upset. If it was this bad...

"Hey, Bro. Are you okay?"

He didn't respond and there was a thick fog of emotions in the air. It made it almost hard to breathe.

"Bro?"

He kept staring off at the city, not responding.

"At least look at me so I can make sure they didn't get you again."

He turned his head so she could see his face, but he didn't face me nor look at me.

... I saw tear stains, red eyes, and large enough eye bags you could call them eye luggage. I almost cried at the sight, right then right there.

But I didn't. This was not the time. If I cried it would only serve to make him worse. Now was a time to be strong. For him.

"I-... What happened to you?"

His POV:

"I... What happened to you?"

How could I tell her? How could I explain how I feel? How could I explain what I went through and what I caused? How could I tell her everything I lost? She doesn't even know me.

Even if I found the words. My voice had long since left me. Given the screaming that had only taken place an hour ago. If I tried to speak it would sound like a 50-year-old smoker.

"Bro, you gotta tell me. What ever this is, its big and I need to know."

Fine... I let her know.

I cleared my throat and winced a bit at the pain but quickly got used to it. If I was going to tell her. I would need to talk through the pain.

"You want an explanation? Fine. Here it is."

She was obviously surprised by the gravel in my voice. I could tell by how she stepped away a little and brought her hands closer to her chest. Not much I could do about it though...

"I feel like the world is turning to dust in my hands and I can do nothing but sit and watch. While everything turns into gray powder dancing away in the wind; I am forced to watch while I am stuck firmly on the ground. Everyone I have ever loved fading away into ash. Every place I have ever been comfortable in going up in flames till a black shadow on the ground is all that is left. Every happy feeling shrinking into myself till I can't even find them anymore... It is all just... Gone. Forever. And I can't do anything about..."