Chapter 3 (Julia POV)

Today was the scholarship basketball match. My lovely cousin Brandon, a year younger than me was playing to get a freshmen scholarship. He was one of my favorite cousins and I readily agreed when he asked me to come to cheer for him.

I was wearing my favorite black crop hoodie today, gifted by Brandon on my birthday a year ago. It exposed my midriff as I wore it with skinny blue jeans.

I sat down beside Blake and Dylan, who were there to cheer on Brandon as they were quite close to him. My eyes lit up in excitement as I saw my favorite assortment of snacks beside him in a bag.

" I love you Blakeyyyyyy!!!!" I said in a childish voice as I hugged him.

"Oh Julsi you'll love me as long as I get you snacks." he laughed as he hugged me back.

"No love for me I guess. I'm already forgotten." Said Dylan pouting.

For those who don't know, Dylan is my boyfriend for the past three months. He wasn't a very popular guy at school at first but being on the baseball team made his popularity rise.

"Aww you're here too, I didn't see you," I said a smirk playing on my lips.

"I hate you," he said whining.

"Oh I know you don't babe," I replied as I pecked his cheek and sat down grabbing a bag of Doritos.

The game started and as soon as Brandon entered the court, we stood up and started screaming his name like maniacs.

Brandon started hyping up the crowd, jumping up and down and hooting like crazy.

Typical Brandon .

The game started and my dear cousin immediately snatched the ball and made a five-pointer shot. We hooted for him like crazy.

An hour and a half later, Brandon's team was winning with the lead of 32-18.

As the game finished, Brandon got called aside by our school secretary, and I got sure that he was definitely getting a scholarship. He winked at us as he passed by the bleachers.

Dylan had got a call 15 minutes ago from his sister, who wanted him to pick her up from school and take her home, so he was already gone.

I got up and stretched, ready to get out of the seat as it was the sophomore game next and I was highly uninterested to watch their game.

As I turned around to grab my things, the crowd roared with cheers as the sophomore candidates entered the stadium.

"Oh My God.... look who's here Julsi." Blake suddenly spoke up.

As I turned around to look at where he was pointing, I felt my jaw drop to the ground.

Finn was standing there, looking extremely delicious in his sleeveless jersey and shorts, his muscles flexing gracefully as he stretched.

"Now we gotta stay Julsi." Blake said smirking evilly.

I glared at him but still sat down to watch the game, because.....why not.

Two hours later, the sophomore candidates won by 35-24, and just like Brandon, Finn got called aside by the school secretary.

As he passed by the bleachers, we made eye contact and he smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Suddenly, I heard a piercing, high pitched and the world's most annoying voice. Sara Hamilton, the school's queen bitch with platinum blonde hair and clothes like a freaking Victoria's Secret model, was sitting in the center of a group of her worshippers.

A girl called Merida spoke up," Why are you going after that basketball guy Sara, aren't you with Jake??"

"Oh I am, but that guy, what was his name again??" she asked.