Chapter 1

Hey guys! This is my first book and I've had some trouble with deciding on which tense to use so I'm sorry if I switch between past tense and present tense sometimes. Anyways hope you enjoy the book! Oh, and I don't think I really managed to include this in the summary of the book but there will be some romance in it (:

- - -

Laura Maria Fors is so happy she thinks she might burst and she's definitely way too happy to be paying any attention to where she's going so by the time she sees Daniel and Max crossing the street it's way too late for her to swerve around them.

"Whoa easy there squirt" Daniel catches her just before she, together with her board crash straight into Max. 

"Sorry D, I didn't hurt you did I? Anyways I've got big news. Like HUGE news." Laura's so excited she's jumping up and down and Max places one hand on each of her shoulders

"Calm down, you're making me tired just looking at you, and we race in one hour. I need all the energy I can get"

"Right yeah sorry it's just I can't calm down, I don't think I'll ever be able to calm down again. You see, my dear friends, today the rest of my life just started. That's right, you heard it here first, the one and only L, LM, Luara, little Fors, whatever you wanna call me, GOT HER DRIVER'S LICENSE TODAY!"

Due to lack of possibility to jump up and down Laura starts doing the Joey dance instead. That is until she sees Micheal coming out of his dressing room and quickly grabs her board and makes her way over to him. She swerves to a stop in front of him and jumps into his open arms.

"I take it you passed then?" Micheal asks with a laugh.

"Not only did I pass, I did it without any warnings. At all!"

"What are we so happy about?"

"L finally passed her drivers license exam"

"Oh that's a relief cause Romain just announced he'll be retiring and you're the best driver still available for next season. At least based on this F2 season's results."

"Is that you asking me if I'll fill the spot Dad?"

"Well before you messed up on all those exams last year you told me that you'd join your brother on the team."

"Which, by the way, I could've. If you'd let me."

"You and I both know that I was only respecting your mothers rule when I banned you from competing until you managed to get your license."

"Okay, maybe instead of arguing about this again we can just be happy?" Micheal really doesn't have time to get in the middle of yet another argument between his father and sister so he's desperately hoping that his attempt to stop the fight before it really starts will work this time.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry."

"Sooo, you'll take the spot?"

"Yeah Dad, I'll take the spot."

"Well welcome to the team sis, I gotta go but we'll celebrate tonight."

"Yeah, good luck today"

"I gotta go to sweetie. Congratulations." Peter kisses the top of Laura's head before leaving his daughter and heading into the Force Media garage to prepare for yet another Sunday race.

Laura's too elated to care about the race right now and skates down the street until coming to the McLaren motorhome where she finds Lando and James.

"Guess who just got her drivers license?" She calls out to them before coming to a stop right next to James and giving him a peck on the lips. The two smile at her strenuously and it's first then that Laura notices they're standing really close together, almost touching foreheads. James, who usually towers over Lando, looks nervous and Laura gets the feeling the boys aren't really in as good a mood as she is.