chap 2.

yamaguchi's pov.

I was trying my dearest to hold back my laugh. I think i might burst a blood vessel. "You really can see everything from here. Wow that is a lot of hair." I said in a strained voice.

"I wonder if I could land my pencil in there." Tsukki said nonchalantly.
The thought of a pencil sticking out of my teachers fucking asscrack for the entirety of class got me. I busted out laughing.

"Tsukishima. Yamaguchi. This is the third time this week I've had to say something to the two of you. Seperate now," Our teacher said in a stern voice. My face went hot. I could feel everyone staring at us. How embarrassing."I apologize." We said in unison.

I got up and sat next to some kid named Koji Hiroshita. I didn't know much about him, he's swung by the volleyball court a couple of times to drop off papers. I never got to see him up close. He's kind of attractive, now that I get to see him up close. He nodded in my direction. I smiled in return.

The lunch bell rang. "Tsukki!" I called out. "Yeah, yeah." He replied.
—-

Tsukki and I entered the boys changing room where Nishinoya and Tanaka stood talking among themselves.

"And then she asked for my email and I was like no can do, I am already dedicated to a woman." Tanaka said proudly. Nishinoya looked hyped. "Tanaka you're so cool." He said aggressively. Tanaka laughed. "I know."

Tanaka forgot to mention that this lady was a survey questionnaire that stood in populated areas trying to promote their company.

"Dude kiyoko doesn't even talk to you." Tsukki added, taking his shirt off. I glanced at him.

Abs. When the hell did he get abs.

My face got hot and I fumbled with my gym clothes. I'm sure Nishinoya noticed.
"She doesn't now but she will one day." Tanaka said with confidence.

The four of them left to walk in on Hinata and Kageyama practicing their ridiculous quick attack.

"Okay, nekoma is going to be here in 15 minutes. In the mean time you all warm up among yourselves." Coach ukai said.
"Yes sir." We all said in unison.

I've gotten pretty good at my jump float serves. They're not the absolute best but my success rate has gotten exponentially better. I might not be able to use it against nekoma today, but even if i did, i doubt it would go well. I looked over at Tsukki. Nishinoya was starting to approach him.

Nishinoya's pov.

Yamaguchi was definitely drooling over Tsukishima earlier. No doubt about it.  "Asahi! Let me receive for you!" I called out to him. "Alright" Asahi exclaimed in agreement.

After a couple of digs I approached Tsukishima who was hitting the ball against the wall.

"Yo." I said with a smile. He nodded in my direction. "Is there something going on between you and Yamaguchi?" I asked. He stopped the ball and looked at me really confused. "What do you mean?" He asked. He genuinely looked confused.

"You know," I wiggled my eyebrows in a suggestive way. He seemed to get it. "No. We're just friends. And I'm not gay." He replied. I hummed. We looked over at Yamaguchi who hit a serve into a pole, making the ball bounce onto hinata's head. Yamaguchi scrambled to apologize awkwardly. Tsukishima smirked.

"Right." I said right as nekoma entered the court.

Tsukishima's pov.

The hell was that about? Yamaguchi and I have always been close. Whats with the sudden assumptions? It's not like I coddle him like kageyama does hinata.

Plus I'm straight. I don't like dudes. Well not in that sense.
I put the ball under my arm and walked over to the rest of them to greet nekoma.

Yamaguchi's pov.

"KENMAAAAA!!!" Hinata yelled ecstatically as he ran over to where kenma and kuroo were standing. Kenma dodged him and hinata ended up colliding with the ball cart. I ran over to help him clean up the balls.

"Please don't approach me so aggressively." Kenma said in a low voice. Hinata beamed.
Suga, Daichi and some of the nekoma teammates were setting up. I'd be sitting on the bench for the entirety of it but i'm not necessarily complaining.

"Alright, let's get started" Coach ukai said while clapping.

—-

We won the first set. Kageyama and hinata were as lively as usual.

"Kuroo stop looking at kenmas butt and start playing better." Morisuke called out. "HUH?!" Kuroo said astounded.

"Kuroo why are you looking at my butt?" Kenma said nonchalantly. Kuroo waved his hands around frantically "I am not. My eyes seem to have aimbot on or something. Dang it's kinda hot in here ngl" He said flustered. Kenma stared at him.

"That's kinda gay, man" kageyama said.
"I know you aren't talking" basically the whole court said in unison. Kageyama scowled. "Do you all want to fight?!"

"I think we made our gaylord upset" Tsukishima said tauntingly.

I laughed. Sitting on the sidelines is kind of boring but being able to watch these things happen from the sidelines was honestly daily entertainment. My eyes trailed over to Tsukki.
It kind of looked like he was looking at me.
Was he looking at me?!

Oh my god I was slouching. I probably looked so unattractive. Tsukki looked away when our eyes met and i could feel my face going red.
Seriously, how many times does my face flush a day?

"Are you hot?" Yachi asked me. I jumped. "No, I'm okay" I said frantically waving my arms around. She giggled. "Right."

They finished up the game, karasuno winning the second set. "Kuroo, look we lost." Kenma pointed out. "Well aren't you a genius." Kuroo retorted.

"Tsukki!!" I called out beaming. "You played well." He took off his glasses to wipe the sweat off his face. "I didn't do much." He replied.

We said our goodbyes to nekoma and started to clean up.

Tsukki and I started to walk home. "It's starting to get cooler." I stated. He nodded as he put his headphones on.

I looked down at his hand.

I reached out and grabbed it without thinking. When i realized what i had done I quickly retracted my hand and frantically tried to explain myself, "Sorry tsukki I didn-" He cut me off by recollecting my hand. Someone might as well be rearranging my guts cause that's sure as hell what it feels like right now.

"Your hands are warm." Tsukishima said, staring straight ahead.