Chapter 7

It's 6am, Ayanat immediately got out of her bed as the alarm rang. She prepared coffee for both. After some time Jaanvi too, woke up at the alarm's call. She folded the comforters and kept everything in place. By 7:30 Ayanat was ready for her work.

Ayanat: Jaanu, I'm leaving!

Jaanvi: Wait wait wait! Have a spoonful of curd & sugar. All the best! (Bringing a spoon of curd and sugar near her mouth)

Ayanat: You're behaving as if I'm going to write my exam!

Jaanvi: So what! Life is an examination in itself! It's said...

Before she could continue Ayanat filled a spoon with the curd and sugar and put it in her mouth, not before having the one which Jaanvi had filled for her!

Ayanat: Before you continue your philosophy Miss Jaanvi, I need to leave or else I'll get late! Thank you for your love.

Jaanvi: Your welcome, ma'am! Drive safely! Bye!

Ayanat: Bye!

Ayanat gets down and takes her car out of the parking lot and heads towards Indie Music Label. Jaanvi also leaves for her rehearsals after about half an hour.

Ayanat parks the car and walks up towards Naushad Khan's office, not before praying to God and touching her parents feet in the photograph kept in her car.

She doesn't find Naushad Khan there. She decides to wait till he arrives. In a few minutes, a person approaches her.

Person: Excuse me, Ma'am! Are you Ayanat Shah?

Ayanat: Yes! Why?

Person: Naushad Sir told me to inform you to come in the Studio upstairs!

Ayanat: Okay, Thank you!

They exchanged a smile and Ayanat walked upstairs to the Studio. As soon as she opened the door to get in, she received a great welcome by the entire team of Indie Music Label. She stood still for a moment, not understanding what to react.

Ayanat: (stammering) Na.. Naushad Bhai.. All this..?

Naushad: Welcome Ayanat, to this family of Indie Music Label! All this is for you, and to introduce you to our entire team!

Ayanat: Bhai, but this was not needed! I know each and every one of this family! Why did you take the effort to do all this?

Naushad: It's not a big deal, dear! You know all of us.. Let everyone know you, too! Get in, please!

Ayanat: That's really sweet of you, bhai! Thank you!

Naushad Khan introduced her to everyone, one by one..

Naushad: Now that you're introduced to everyone, there's a surprise for you!

Ayanat: One more surprise, bhai? It's already more than enough for me..

Naushad: Don't worry, it's not anything great. Darshan, can you just get the cake!

Darshan: Yes bhai, just give me a minute!

Ayanat: Bhai?

Naushad: Just stay quiet. No nakhras okay? This is how we welcome here!

Naushad indicated something to Darshan, while he brought the cake and lit the candle. Ayanat blowed it off and cut the cake. The smile on her face spoke for itself. She made everyone have a piece of cake one by one, the last one was Darshan!