Chapter 2

"Listen" a voice whispered from the distance. Sabrina dragged out her tears with curiosity and looked up to the sky. A wonderful but extremely bright scene splattered onto the sky and revealed a beautiful woman with too much makeup. "Hello?" Sabrina said as her mind began drawing her to the wreck yet again. "Sabrina" the voice soothingly spoke, "Everything you've known before now" the woman paused, "is a lie". "A lie" Sabrina thought disbelievingly. But just as she began to question the glorifying image above her, Joyce appeared healthy and more radiant than ever. "Joyce!?" Sabrina yelled as all of her previous emotions of longing her friend turned to hate and distrust. "How are you up there! Why am I here! What is this!?" she said barely able to speak the words her brain was forming.

Joyce's facial expression became more serious and determined. "Sabrina, its not what is this but 'why' is this". Sabrina sucked her teeth in frustration. "Follow the game" and with that the malefficent image that appeared in the sky vanished just as easily.

"What is going on?!" Sabrina screamed knowing no one would answer her questions. Her body became tired and she started to cry. "Everything is wrong! What happened to my nature loving friend?" but she was still just as ignored as before. A loud puncturing sound beated its way through her ears and skyscraper-like needle structures broke through the ground. Sabrina got up starlted and looked up at the sky in shock. "Are you doing this!" she screamed becoming afraid of what could happen. The large points continued to sprout until out of sight and she backed into a bush in fear of being harmed. "Stop! Please?" she said as she remembered the beautiful face of the unknown woman.

As soon as she lost all hope of knowing the truth, lights began to shine brighter than she had ever seen to create the obvious image of a long arrow. "Is this a clue? For the game?" she said as she slowly rose to stand. She touched a pole as gently as she could manage and felt it's strange texture. "What is this?" she thought as she tried to describe the cloth like metal. The arrows began to blink as if to tell her to follow and she began heading towards the next pole.

"Wait! You! Hold on!" an unfamiliar voice spurted out. Sabrina turned in a circle in shock trying to give a face to the sound. "Hello?" she said confused until her body and mind became tired with the expanding of questions. Sabrina turned to continue her walk until the sound of loud panting tore through the otherwise calm street. Sabrina once again turned, this time to see a tall and outrageously handsome guy standing before her eyes.

"Hi" she said stuttering as if about to cry. "Are you alright?" he said as he blinked his light brown eyes in concern. Then as if they had known each other for their whole lives Sabrina jumped to him and gave him the most affectionate hug she could release.

"Do you know where I am?" she said still attached to the now silent man. He grabbed her hands one by one and placed them to her sides. "No." he said now angry and hostile. Sabrina backed away from him and attempted to calm him down. "What's your name?" she said unsure she had the right timing. "I..." he said looking up at the sky, "lost everything." he looked her straight in the eyes and the lock they created was too emotional to describe. "I... am no longer myself."

A loud booming sound emerged from the poles and the lights began to flicker as if they were possessed. Sabrina gasped in shock and the man tugged her arm to erge her to run. "Come on!" he screamed still pulling her to go. Sabrina still unsure of the mans odd speaking reluctantly followed him along with the arrows.

Her legs started to cramp and her grip on the handsome mans hand became weaker. "Don't stop their chasing us!" he screamed. "What" Sabrina said as she looked back and saw 4 men in suits of the cloth like metal. The faces of the men were covered to the point that Sabrina wasn't sure even they could see. "Who are they!" she yelled unsure if she actually wanted to know. "The Upholders!" he said trying to grip Sabrina tighter, "Let's say their like brutal referees." he said as he turned to see her expression. The look made her more worried than before and she tried harder to push her legs farther.

Strange sounds began coming from the referees and bulbs of light traveled with the sounds. A ball of light seemed to slowly move past Sabrina's face and gently landed on her unknown friend. She gasped in shock as he suddenly stopped midair in his position. She stumbled forward and tried to stop herself from running. "Hey! Quick there coming!!" she said panicking as the referees could be seen approaching. She grabbed the man and tried to pull him along the path.

In the distance a dome shaped structure with emacullant light escaping from all sides came into view and Sabrina struggled to drag him towards it. Loosing all hope and strength, she took the man and covered him in the decomposing rubbish to hide him from the terrifying men. "I'm sorry" she whispered as she left the only person she knew for sure was on her side.