Chapter 15: Provisional hero license exam

Percy sweated nervously. Annabeth looked at him and spoke in ancient Greek. "Percy, why are you nervous? You know we could wipe the floor with every single person here in less than an hour? You'll be fine."

Percy nodded and responded also in ancient Greek. "You're right, Wise Girl. We got this! I just have a bad feeling... I have you by my side though, so it'll be fine!"

Annabeth smiled and grabbed his hand. Percy heard a few people from other schools groan, but he didn't care nor did he know why they were doing that.

A guy in a black cap walked over. He was very... enthusiastic. He banged his head on the floor while apologizing, just for saying the 'Plus Ultra' motto along with them.

Annabeth whispered to him that it was a student from Shiketsu, evident due to his cap. Apparently Shiketsu was a top hero school along with UA. Annabeth seemed to be thinking about something during this. Percy asked her, but she was too busy thinking to hear him.

Ms. Joke came up to Mr. Aizawa. She seemed happy and started chatting with Mr. Aizawa. He looked very confused. He asked her, "Joke, I thank you very much for it, but why aren't you hitting on me anymore?"

Ms. Joke sighed happily. "Two things! One, I'm in a relationship! Two, I know someone who'll be even better for you!"

Mr. Aizawa blinked. "Ignoring the second thing you said, who is it?"

Ms. Joke sighed dreamily. "Well, they have dark, long hair. They're a pro hero, and they teach first years at UA! They also attended UA at one point with Present Mic!"

Mr. Aizawa sighed. "Joke, we are not in a relationship."

Ms. Joke giggled. "Not you, silly. Midnight! I reached out to her after seeing the sports festival!"

That seemed to have surprised Mr. Aizawa. "Nemuri? So that's why she declined my invitation to see my cats at my house the other day. I was confused since she's always begged me for it."

Ms. Joke nodded happily. "Yeah, she told me about it on our date! She wasn't upset because I showed her my cat. She loved my cat."

Mr. Aizawa choked. "Ms. Joke! There are kids here, how could you say that?!"

Looking confused, she just slowly nodded. "I know. I was talking about my cat, Floof! What were you thinking of, Aizawa?"

He stammered to say something. Percy had no clue what it was. Like, what else did he think a cat was?

Percy pulled himself away from that conversation, no matter how enticing. Percy loved gossip, he'd chat with the naiads in the camp lake all the time, while Annabeth would just read a book while in a bubble next to him. She claimed to hate it, but he always saw Annabeth try to hide a smile when Percy would tell her to get a book and jump in the lake.

Annabeth grabbed his arm. "Percy, I think that-"

She was cut off by someone tapping her on the shoulder. She had gotten slightly more relaxed in this verse without monsters and gods always pestering her, so she thankfully did not immediately judo flip him. "Hi! I'm Yo Shindo from Ketsubutsu Academy! I couldn't help but notice your UA uniforms! You must be the people who placed top two in the festival!"

Annabeth took a small step back. "Yes, we are. Nice to meet you, Shindo."

He went over to the others to introduce himself to them. Annabeth looked at Percy. "Percy... we're all going to have to be careful. They know our quirks and how we fight since the sports festival was available for anyone to watch."

Percy nodded. He hadn't even thought about that. Perks of having a smart girlfriend, she does all the hard thinking.

Annabeth looked at Shindo intently, and Percy knew she was analyzing him. She gasped. "Apparently his strategy is manipulating others to believe he's kind before stabbing them in the back. He only does it with enemies and opponents, not his friends or allies. His quirk lets him vibrate things, and he usually uses it on the ground."