Poems of the Heart

"Are those our only options? Death or a merge?", clarified Sabrina Spellman to Metatron and to where Metatron answered yes. In the back of her mind, the Queen of Hell was trying to grasp what was happening. This morning, before they came to Greendale, she woke up fully determined to start her plans on reforming Hell no matter what her father or the hordes of Hell tell her. Moreover, she opened her eyes with a greeting from her husband, with a kiss that lasted until they were both out of breath.

"Hmmm. Good morning indeed", responded the Morningstar Queen after she caught her breath. Caliban looked at her lovingly as he stroked her face.

"Slept well, my love?"

"How could I not, when you've kept me busy all night?", she smiled at him teasingly.

"I take it, my Queen is pleased?" he smiled at her back with satisfaction on his face.

"More than pleased." then she sighed and added, "Thank you."

"Hmmm. Still having disagreements with the Lord Lucifer?" he asked with concern on his face.

"Yes. But he can't stop me. Even Lilith is on my side about the reformation. She warns that it will take a long time but it is inevitable as long as I'm the one who rules Hell. You're also on my side, right?"

He made an upset expression. "You know that I am, Sabrina."

This time, it was her that stroked his face. "I know. I'm sorry."

"I made a vow, my queen. And I tend to honor that as long as I can. United, remember?"

She smiled and gave him a long kiss. That was only hours ago, and now, it seemed that they were faced in a life or death situation. It's unfair, she thought to herself. It was not so long ago that she was crowned and was married to her husband. There were still so many things she wanted to do, to accomplish.

But then a bigger part of her, one that she was never able to change, her saviour's complex as Zelda said, was saying that she needed to do this. This time, not only is Greendale in trouble, it was also the realm where she ruled in. This was her and Sabrina Spellman's mess. She knew that they alone had to fix it.

"Can we have some time to talk? Just me and Sabrina.", the other Sabrina asked, and for this she was thankful. As she and Spellman talked about what they were about to do, she was also thinking about her throne, her plans and she was also working a way on how to say goodbye to her husband.

Earlier, when they were talking about the possible outcomes of the merge, her husband locked his eyes with her. She saw sorrow and worry in them and they never left hers until he asked, what if only one's memory survives? These words pierced her heart, for only then that she realized that she might lose her memories. Their memories. And just like what happens in those movies she watched before permanently residing in Hell, their life together flashed before her eyes. She knew then that she was not gonna be able to say goodbye to Caliban. At Least not in person. So she searched her mind on how she was going to.

"But first, we need some time. To wrap things up.", Sabrina Spellman just said. And there it was, an answer crossed her mind. "I've been spending all these months in Hell. If you don't mind, I'd love to spend some time with your --- or our friends.", she said.

When they went back inside to tell them of their decision, her eyes automatically locked eyes with her husband. His eyes were searching hers and after a moment, she saw that he knew what they'd decided on. She saw his pain in her eyes and the need to defy their decision. Those however, did not reach his actions for she also saw that he understood. She smiled lovingly at her husband, silently thanking him. He went slowly by her side, taking her hand and telling her with his eyes, "I'm right here."