Preview

Rough Preview          

*Do drop me a comment. Any suggestions/thoughts are welcome and would be greatly appreciated. -M*

I wake up freezing. I lift up the covers, staring intensely at my bare legs. I can’t remember taking off my pyjama bottoms. Then again, I can’t remember much of last night. I slip a foot out from under the duvet. I hiss; it’s so cold. I retract it back into warmth with lightning speed. I can feel the hairs on my skin raising. I rub my arms gently and rhythmically to no avail. Then, a breeze hits me and the full extent of my insensibility hits me. I left the window open. Wait… did I? Zombie-like, I groan and force myself upright. That’s one step closer to getting up. I turn 90 degrees, now perching on the end of the bed.

“Ben…”

“Huh?” I whip my head around, startled. I’d probably have shit myself if my ass wasn’t so frozen. What the hell was that? My hands dives to the corner of my bedside table. I fiddle around in the darkness for my lamp switch. Seconds feel like hours as half of my mind searches for the switch and the other half is thinking about the potential serial killer that’s currently in my room. Paranoia gets the better of me. I flat out run to my door and smash my hand against the light with a loud grunt.

My eyes hit the bed.

“Snow?”

“Ben…”