Chapter 2:

Erwin found herself walking with many other people in the Kuromorimine tankery uniform.

She arrived at a large garage containing many tanks, such as Tigers, Tiger IIs, Panzer IIIs, Panthers, Jagdtigers, Jadgpanthers, Jagdpanzer IVs, and the crown jewel of all of them, the Maus. She went over to the Jagdpanther she was assigned. She heard some rummaging inside the massive metal beast. The loader poked her head out announcing, "Maintenance of the cannon is done!" The loader noticed Erwin standing there and realized that this was the new tank commander. "Hey you there! Commander! Don't just stand there, help with maintenance! We have an exhibition battle soon." "Well what am I supposed to do?" Erwin asked, confused. "Clean the vision ports or something I don't know!" Erwin got a bucket and sponge, and muttered, "Almost as if I'm travelling across europe in a second-hand car that gets dirty and damaged easily with an uncle." As Erwin scrubbed the vision ports Erika and Maho took notice of her already quickly taking the reins of the crew as they listened to Erwin give a checklist of orders on the crew as they prepared for the exhibition battle. Maho asked Erika "Do you think he's ready?" Erika responded with "Maybe so, but we will test him." As Erwin, her crew and the rest of the team were outside of the big garage and on the staging area for the battle. Maho quickly explained the rules "We are using 12 tanks so we will have a last man standing format. Tanks that are eliminated will report that they are so and who took them out so we can tally." As they headed to their starting point Erwin briefed the group "Since this tank has a high profile, we need to use different tactics." Erwin remembered something she learned from previous panzer tactics learning. She would instantly order to move to the farthest hills using the Jagdpanther's cannon range and mobility which came in handy. She began by rapidly firing on the field where a few tanks were duking it out, moving to another nearby hill and then repeating this process until a lucky hit slammed into the side of a Jadgpanzer IV, taking it out. The Elefant was taken out by Erika and her crew meanwhile Maho managed to take out 2 of the panthers, Erwin soon withdrew from her hills and went out into the open field. As they sat there, they suddenly came under fire from the last panther, they could not turn to face it as it was towards their rear. "What do we do?!?" The driver shouted. Erwin started to panic but eventually managed to calm herself and order "Move to the small valley, we can readjust and take them out there!" As the tank moved, Erwin peeked through the cupola she saw the Tiger 1 take out the Panther, but the Tiger 1 was then distracted by Erika's Tiger 2. "Try to snipe the Tiger 1!" Erwin yelled, but it was too late as the Tiger 1 now had the Jadgpanther in its sights, and a shell slammed into the Jagdpanthers side, taking the metal beast out. ""No plan survives contact with the enemy." remarked Erwin to her crew, which was indeed a quote from Erwin Rommel. At the tally the Tiger 1 scored 4 kills, the Tiger 2 scored 3 kills, and the Jadgpanther scored 1 kill. "Good job everyone, our next match is coming up against Chi-Ha-Tan Academy. Until then, stay put." Maho and Erika then dismissed the team, before they all left the garage after parking their tanks. As Erwin's crew followed Erwin because the crew's apartments were nearby, the gunner remarked about how quick to command Erwin was to the Jagdpanther radio operator. Erwin turned around and smugly answered, "Because I have to." The crew eventually broke off from Erwin and she unlocked her apartment and walked in. She eventually decided to open up her desk and pull out a piece of paper and pen and began to write.