What Are Our Morals

POV JANUS

 "In a world where we can be punished by a mistake God made, we need to be perfect. No mistakes are allowed," My mother said as she cupped my face in her hands, "I don't want my darling angel to be hurt, burned to nothing but emotions. Fulling the earth's plantation."

"Mom? What are you talking about? No mistakes? Are you Okay? Is something happening?" I asked my mother as her hands started to drop to the ground, the halo wrapped around her neck tightening. "Mom?"

"I love you..." My mother spoke as she fell into the deeps of earth. "Mom!"

It had been fourteen years since that day, and still I couldn't get the pain and fear that filled my mother's eyes out of my mind.

I couldn't fathom how a God humans believed to be so merciful and good, managed to be so cruel with the creations he made closest to him. Why were angels held to such a higher standard than humans, when we were both cut from the same cloth? Why were human's sins forgiven, while ours severely punished?

Where the mortals got a figurative slap on their hands for a mistake they made, our breath was cut short by our halos dropping to our throat. Where they got second chances, we were lucky to even get a second breath.

Mankind in the past always looked up to us as Devine creatures, beings of immense beauty and power. Now the few who manage to be perfect enough to stay beside the god humans so highly praise are made to listen to a tyrant, while those who refuse to are destined to become Fallen angels and get hunted by the very ones who used to look up to them.

Only a few manage to escape, but never not without scars.

Not even the ancient gods were safe from the wrath and were blown away by God need to be the one and only.

Sent away to be burnt and killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¶¬¶~~~~~~~~~~~

(Thank you @ali6ce for the help with well everything. To anyone who ends up reading this please check them out! They are basically my idol and they are way underrated. Without them I wouldn't have even thought of writing a book. I still can't believe they actually agreed to help me with the writing of this book.)