Chapter 2: Glances

It's been 2 months, I've had my 5th grade graduation and I've been enrolled into the school in my town. It's now July and school starts back in less than a month and I've only made 1 friend.

My brother has pretty much become friends with everyone in our neighborhood so they would all come to our house almost every day to play basketball on our goal.

For the first time I saw my next door neighbors, 1 set of twins that looked as if they were in juniors in highschool and a younger brother who could be no more than 2 years older than me. He wore a tight fitted white beater and black Nike shorts. He was extremely cute and carried himself like he knew it, I will never forget our first moment of making eye contact.

There was over 20 people outside of my home playing on our goal but for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off of him even if I tried. He was darkskin, no taller than 5'7, pearly white teeth, and really muscular. I was completely out of his league so I humbled myself quickly.

This first day of school was slowly but surely approaching and I would be lying if I said it wasn't something that was on my mind daily.

I'm really about to be a middle schooler....
I thought to myself.

I dread the first day of school. Especially since I haven't even started at the new school yet and the kids in my neighborhood seem to already have a target on me. I saw a few girls that look my age riding their bikes around the neighborhood today, hopefully they'll be nicer.

(ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER BUT PLEASE BARE WITH ME, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING FOR THE PUBLIC)

How do you guys think the first day of school will go?

Do you guys think she'll become friends with the girls in the neighborhood?

How's the story so far?