Chapter 22- "Accidental" Coffee Date

After all the ruckus caused by the get together, Anna spent her weekend in luxury while reviewing and signing some documents.

Anna woke up early in the morning, today was the day everything in her life will go back to how it used to be, work, work and work, she sighed and after completing her chores set out to her office.

Greeting the employees she entered her cabin and sat as she waited for her secretary to report.

Joy entered in high spirits and recited Anna's schedule for the day. She just had one major meeting, that is with C & S Corp for the project discussions.

With half an hour in hand before the meeting, Anna started reading and making the needed changes in all the documents.

After half an hour, Anna stood up and was escorted by her secretary to the meeting location. The meeting began as the directors, managers and CEOs of the two companies gathered.

The meeting lasted for two hours, after which all the people started leaving, Anna was just walking out of the door as she bumped on somebody and spilled her drink all over the person's customized suit.

Chase quickly left after the meeting finished but forgot one of his documents inside and as his secretary was gone for bringing the car.

He decided to take it back himself but as he pushed the door open someone bumped into him and the coffee in the person's hand was all over him.

After slightly cleaning his suit he saw that the person was none other than Anna.

Anna looked up with a guilty expression but it turned into shock as she identified the person, she quickly went back to the room and grabbed a box of tissue before giving it to Chase to clean himself up.

It was the first time Chase saw a different expression on Anna's face other than a frown and her business face, as she ran back into the room to grab a box of tissues for him.

He took it and cleaned his suit, although the area was still wet it was good enough to wear.

Chase looked at Anna before saying in his usual tone but slightly accusing her, " Looks like I have to send this new suit of mine for dry cleaning which was just bought yesterday."

Although he was exaggerating by talking about the dry cleaning and all, it was still true because it was one of the suits his designer sent him yesterday.

Anna internally clicked her tongue and scolded herself for indulging herself in trouble, she quickly apologised, " I am really sorry Mr. Smith it was my fault for not being careful. I will ask my secretary to bring another one for you to change, don't worry I will return this one after giving it for dry cleaning or I can just pay the bill for dry cleaning."

Chase had a complicated expression as though contemplating something, he suddenly looked into her eyes and raised his eyebrows, as he said, "Since, Miss Halls owes me one, why don't you treat me someday? It would be a good repayment wouldn't it?"

Anna did not want to stretch this matter so she directly offered, "If you have free time right now, there is a nice cafe nearby, I'll just inform my secretary and ask her to book us a private room, why don't we go there?"

Chase waited for a bit and then gave an affirmative answer.

Anna sighed in relief because she still thought that involving herself with this man could be dangerous and so she did not want to owe him.

Unknown to her, she wrote the beginning of a new chapter of her life.

***

Hello dear readers !! Hope you have a great day 😘

Happy reading 💝💝