17 Years Old

“Well hello there, Mr. I-have-my-own-car,” Harry greeted, leaning against the doorway and looking over at the dark blue MINI Cooper that Louis had pulled up in. Harry already knew Louis had gotten his license and saved up for his own car. All he could afford was a secondhand Coop from a deceased old woman (he’d double checked to make sure she hadn’t died in the car before buying it) but he was completely happy with it.

“Hi yourself Mr. I-refuse-to-wear-pants,” Louis chuckled back, “how you doing?”

“Better now,” he leered, “come on in, everyone else is gone.”

Louis raised an eyebrow at the younger boy as he walked past, not noticing how Harry blatantly followed the movements of his ass as he went. 

“So what do you want to do then?” he asked offhandedly, walking towards the lounge room.

“Well if you’re willing to let me get dressed why don’t we take advantage of that new found freedom of yours and head on out?” Harry suggested, grinning at the older boy.

“Um…yeah, I guess. Why not?” Louis nodded.

“Great, come help me pick an outfit then,” he beamed, grabbing onto Louis’ wrist and pulling him up the stairs and into his bedroom. He led him to the wardrobe, opening the doors with a flourish and turned to him expectantly.

“And go,” he instructed, heading over to his bed and lying back.

“Right,” Louis nodded, turning to the clothes. He pulled out a pair of plain black jeans and threw them over his shoulder before rummaging through Harry’s collection of t-shirts.

“Here, I like this one,” he said, bringing over a simple Jack Wills top to the boy. Harry stood up and inspected Louis’ choice, giving it an approving nod. It was one of his favourite shirts, he didn’t hesitate to raise his arms up and wait. Louis gave him a disbelieving look before chuckling and putting the shirt on for Harry, straightening it up once it was on and trying not to let his hands linger. 

“Thank you,” Harry said, looking up at him through his eyelashes.

“…no problem. Do you want to leave now?”

“Sure, let’s go,” Harry chirped up, grabbing his phone, wallet and keys before taking his hand again and leading him outside, pulling on some shoes and locking the door behind them.

“So where do you want to go then?” Louis asked as he began driving to the end of the street.

“Whatever, I’m not fussed,” he shrugged, too busy looking around the interior of Louis’ car.

“So you’re telling me that we’re out and about with no direction whatsoever just because you felt like it?”

“Pretty much.”

“Brilliant.”

“How about we get food then because I’m fucking starving,” Harry suggested, relaxing back in his seat and watching Louis drive. 

“Anywhere in particular?”

“There’s a really good fish and chips place down that road,” he answered, gesturing to the oncoming turnoff.

“Perfect,” Louis muttered, turning on the indicator and driving in the direction Harry pointed. They pulled up in front of a small shop that looked to be empty and got out. Harry made sure to hold the door open for Louis, noticing when he smiled and walked past that he was now around the same height as the older boy and enjoying that fact immensely. After fifteen minutes of contemplation they ordered a medium chips and two cokes. Louis insisted on paying, Harry insisted on holding everything while they walked back to the car.