Coffee

a/n: There's songs throughout this at certain moments. They're all from the album Dreamland by Glass Animals (I'm going through a huge Glass Animals obsession right now). You don't have to listen to them, but they create a really good vibe. Enjoy :)

~Domestic Bliss by Glass Animals~

The coffee pot mocked him. Condensation dropped slightly from the lid, creating a dripping sound on the liquid below every few seconds. Clay stared at it, feeling challenged by its nuisance. He wondered if his addiction would ever curb itself, but realized that stopping would mean turning into a total zombie.

"Shut the fuck up," he snapped. The pot continued to amplify the dripping sound. Clay gave in and quickly pulled the cabinet open. Several decorative mugs sat there, but he pushed them aside in favor of a different one. The blue and green mug was at the back of the shelf, hiding from the light. Clay reached in and pulled it out, examining the graphics. It was half blue, half green, with a pair of clout goggles on the blue side and a familiar mask on the green side.

    The perfect mug mocked his imperfect friendship with his best friend. Clay and George, better known as dreamwastaken and georgenotfound, found fun in flirtatious remarks as they streamed Minecraft gameplay together. Their millions of fans took a liking to their relationship, shipping them with the moniker "dreamnotfound." Up until now, Clay laughed along and egged it on. However, George recently started flirting back.

Clay knew that he was walking a dangerous line, especially since he knew George to be straight. But he couldn't fight the blush that constantly made its way to his cheeks when George would boldly bite back. He couldn't push feelings of admiration down when George would win a Minecraft challenge. He couldn't fight his feelings. Not anymore.

The mug was still sitting in Clay's shaky hands. He decided that more caffeine wouldn't hurt, grasping the handle of the coffee pot. The dripping momentarily stopped, relieving some of the pain from the tension headache that he had.

Clay was about to pour the lukewarm coffee into his mug, but a knock at the door completely shocked him. He felt his grip on the mug slip, and it landed on the ground with a shatter.

"Coming," he groaned. He figured that it was just a package to sign off. The coffee spread all over the kitchen floor, but Clay decided to avoid the mess in that moment. He put the coffee pot on the counter and walked over to the door, careful to dodge the spill. He unlocked the door with a click and opened it.

In front of him stood George with a suitcase and a smile.

"Dream!" George shouted, pulling Clay into a hug. Clay felt himself tense up at his friend's touch, but relaxed when he remembered that this was the second time he was meeting George, and the stakes were lower. The first time was a month earlier when George visited Clay and Nick, their other best friend. That visit was planned months in advance, but this was spontaneous.

    Clay stepped back from the hug and gave George a quizzical look. However, his expression dissolved into awe. George was clearly jetlagged, but still looked attractive. His hair was messy, and he was wearing dream's black merch sweatshirt. Clay got lost in his features, but snapped out of it before it became too obvious.

"Why are you here?" Clay asked. George smiled in return.

"I need to talk to you," he claimed. Clay wondered what could be so important to fly across the ocean for.

He tried to voice his thoughts, but all that came out was a gentle, "Oh." He stepped back and gestured for George to walk in. George practically ran into the house, admiring the familiar sights. Clay couldn't help but smile at his best friend, and his curious eyes, and fluffy hair, and sharp jawline. George snapped Clay out of his yearning with a gasp.